Iron/ Flat Iron

JennyBooms82

Please forgive as I am sure this has been asked before. Searched the forum but couldn't find a straight forward answer.

Sailing on the POA in a couple of weeks. Can someone please confirm if travel irons are allowed? How about a flat iron for my hair?

Thanks in advance!

Hair appliances are fine. Clothing irons are not. The main reason is there isn't an ironing board in your cabin...and no room for one. (There's no way it's a "fire hazard", considering that most curling irons and flat irons and electric curlers get DAMN HOT!!!) It's either a space issue or a money-making thing for the cruiseline.

Some cruiselines provide self-service laundries with ironing boards and irons....some don't...and you need to use the ship's pressing services if you are concerned about a wrinkle or crease.

If they find an iron, they will take it away from you. According to the "cruise contract", they CAN kick you off the ship...but that's rarely done.

irons are usually always detected so chances are you wont be ironing your clothes with one you brought....

not last sailing on the STAR but the time before i heard someone ask for an iron and the steward told them to send to laundry to press.

they usually having pressing specials the first day or so of your cruise.

try packing using dry-cleaner bags for your evening clothes and zip-lock 2.5 gallons for day attire--these ways work great for little to no wrinkles

also people roll their clothes with the same type of results or use the steam of the shower method.

One of the other couples in our group managed to get a travel iron past security in their checked luggage, but I think this is a rare occurrence, and you take the chance of having it confiscated. I brought a hand-held steamer (Rowenta) that I got at Target. It worked out great, but I had ironed everything before I packed, so just had to get rid of a few wrinkles. The ship will allow you to borrow an iron and ironing board for about 1 hour at a time, just ask your room steward.

Have a great time. This is a great cruise. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

what is downy wrinkle release?

Brand name Downy, comes in a spray bottle. You spray on your wrinkled clothing and smooth the material to eliminate wrinkles. Works very well (and smells nice too!)

Do the rooms have a hair dryer?

Yes.

Brand name Downy, comes in a spray bottle. You spray on your wrinkled clothing and smooth the material to eliminate wrinkles. Works very well (and smells nice too!)

Yes.

Thank you very much. I think i will have to try this, just concerned about staining, but i guess it wouldn't work well, if it stained. LOL.

Thank you very much. I think i will have to try this, just concerned about staining, but i guess it wouldn't work well, if it stained. LOL.

Never seen a stain resulting from this product. It's a really great product (comes in travel-size too!).

Archived