Future Carnival Vacation redemption

mmpadp

Just tried to redeem my future carnival vacation certificate online. I had the same problems that were talked about in April and May. Seems like Carnival is not too serious about fixing the problem. Called tech support and they said to try a different browser. I did. I tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Nothing worked. Guess I'll have to call tech support again.

Anyone else having problems?

Just tried to redeem my future carnival vacation certificate online. I had the same problems that were talked about in April and May. Seems like Carnival is not too serious about fixing the problem. Called tech support and they said to try a different browser. I did. I tried Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Nothing worked. Guess I'll have to call tech support again.

I did last week and they said to put first and last name together on requester line no spaces and it worked. Julie G.

Try putting first and last name together on requester line no spaces. Julie G.

I had no problem submitting the FCC form online last Monday & got an email response shortly there after saying it would take 5 to 10 business days to process request. I am still waiting for the $100 payment to be deducted from my final payment amount. Hope it doesn't take too much longer.

When I called the Promotions Desk last week to make my reservation (using Future Carnival Vacations Certificate and several $100 Meritz Cruise Vouchers from Citibank), the reservations agent told me that she would take care of posting my Future Cruise Certificate over the phone because many guests were having issues with the online system. I just read her the number over the phone. She said there was no need to send the certificate in.

It worked for me last week after about 20 attempts. Mysteriously it didn't do anything until I opened the 32 bit IE browser, it loaded from the 64 bit one but I had to click on the 32 bit icon first.

If you are running a 64 bit OS (most are now) you might try using the alternate browser and see if it does anything. Just google 32 bit Internet Explorer. It's still installed but the default icons launch the 64 bit version.

I had no problem submitting the form and received an near automatic email saying they had my submission and should process in 5 to 7 working days.

I did this on July 7th - still no record of the $100 off final payment for our February cruise.

I had no problem submitting the form and received an near automatic email saying they had my submission and should process in 5 to 7 working days.

I did this on July 7th - still no record of the $100 off final payment for our February cruise.

Well, I guess I didn't need to follow the instructions and send it certified mail! Anyway, Carnival received my certificate on July 5, and the credit (deposit and onboard credit) was applied July 18. When I contacted them via email around July 12, they told me they were behind and it would take a few weeks to process,. Yours will probably be processed soon.

I sent a 'contact us' to Carnival when mine wouldn't go through. I got an email response from Tech Support within a couple of hours which explained exactly what to do. Said if you're using IE8, just go to Tools/Compatibility View Settings, and add carnival.com. Close your browser.

When I reopened it, it went through immediately and I got the email stating it would be applied in 5-10 days. I think that was Friday morning, maybe Saturday. Not applied yet, but I don't have to make final payment until 8/2.

I added the compatability view for Carnival and it still didn't work. I called the e-solutions department and was told to just enter my first name under requester. That worked and I entered my whole name under the comments section.

My FCC was credited to my balance today, so the online redemption system does work sometimes. I was also able to pay off balance online with debit card this morning. However I cannot see or get into the forums on the Carnival site ever. Oh well-at least my cruise is paid for & my $50 OBC (5 day cruise) is noted. Now I just have to wait.........

Archived