Question about ironing on the Veendam

cricri7

Hi guys.....I am happy to be sailing another time to Bermuda this summer! I went by myself at the beginning of July and am going back with my family: my parents, my brother, his wife and their daughter, my niece. I seem to have convinced them to try cruising.*...none of them have ever tried a cruise before so they have plenty of questions. I can answer most of them since I have sailed before but my mom has one that stomped me:

Are there irons on board? I know that there is a laundry facility but have never used them so I don't know if they have irons there. If they don't, can your steward bring one to your stateroom?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Veendam has self service lauderettes and there is an iron and ironing board in those rooms. We are not permitted to use a travel iron in our cabins. They are expressly banned due to risk of fire.

There is a lauderette on Main Deck and Veranda Deck and I'm not sure if any others.

Thank you so much guys!

I now remember that you can't use an iron in the cabins but I did not know about the laundry facilities on the Veendam. I was on the Eurodam this past March and there was no laundry facilities and no irons because my friend had to send some clothes to get ironed. My mom prefers to do it herself or have my dad do it for her;)

They will be on the Verendah deck so it will be perfect for her.

Archived