Drink coupons

wmac

I ordered drink coupons for my parents, best man, maid of honor and my friend who served as our TA for our wedding cruise last year. They seemed to appreciate them! They are only good for the value on the coupon, so if your drink is more than the value, you will owe the bartender the balance. It won't really save you any money, but if you're buying them before the cruise, your Sign & Sail balance won't be as high at the end of the cruise.

You do save slightly when you order drink coupons. Just the tip amount but it is a savings. I love these. I still have some that was sent to me as a gift on our last cruise and I plan on taking them on my next cruise. The only con is that you have to carry them with you. Not a con for me but some people do not like to carry them

Pretty much a total waste..

Well, I wouldn't say that they're a waste. It's true that you don't save any money by using them but it's a way to kind of "prepay" a portion of some of your drinks and for someone like me, who likes to pay as much in advance upfront as possible, that's a real plus.

I am trying to decide if we should order drink coupon for our cruise next week? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks!!!!:)

It's better to just buy Funship Dollars and have them directly applied to you as on board credit, then you don't have to worry about carrying around coupons, losing them, getting them wet, forgetting them in your cabin, etc.

I HAVE heard some people say that the barman didn't bother to collect the difference in the price, so could save some money there. We are considering getting the coupons as well. I don't think it would be a real inconvenience, I mean you could use an id holder and keep them in it with your sail and sign card.

I used them on my cruise in Nov 10 and plan on buying some more for my cruise in October. Like another poster said, some of the servers don't charge your card for the extra $. I actually bought some for friends birthdays that are sailing with me. They loved them..

I HAVE heard some people say that the barman didn't bother to collect the difference in the price, so could save some money there. We are considering getting the coupons as well. I don't think it would be a real inconvenience, I mean you could use an id holder and keep them in it with your sail and sign card.

this happens far and few where the barwaiter does not collect whats due.

Once upon a time these coupons were really worth the money--today no so much.

I agree that its better to purchase a funship certificate instead of the bar coupons and not worry about doing the math when buying a drink

While not a lot, you do save 15% of $5.75. You pay $5.75 for each drink ticket and it includes the gratuity.

So as long as your drink is worth at least $5.75, you're saving 86 cents each time you use a drink coupon.

What I found was simple drinks like rum and coke, rye and gingerale, malibu and pineapple juice were all $5.75 so if that's the kind of stuff you drink, then it's an okay way to save a little bit on each drink.

If you are going to go with the drink coupons, I recommend bringing a lanyard with a pouch on it to hold your sign and sail card and your drink coupons, that way you always have them with you.

i've purchased them on my last 2 cruises and will again for next yrs cruise. to me it's a way of pre=paying for some of my cruise, i also had purchased photo coupons. I rather not have a large bill at the end of my cruise lol. and yes, the balance will be applied to your s&s if your drink is over the coupon, if it's less than the coupon, your wasting money. another option is to purchase funship dollars. call them up and have them applied directly to your account and make sure you get your email confirmation

i've purchased them on my last 2 cruises and will again for next yrs cruise. to me it's a way of pre=paying for some of my cruise, i also had purchased photo coupons. I rather not have a large bill at the end of my cruise lol. and yes, the balance will be applied to your s&s if your drink is over the coupon, if it's less than the coupon, your wasting money. another option is to purchase funship dollars. call them up and have them applied directly to your account and make sure you get your email confirmation

The pictures of your cruise to Halifax/St. John in your sig....are pics of you being sexy...lol, I'm so confused.

In my opinion, if you want to prebuy stuff to help save, I would just by and apply funship $ to your account. This way you can use the $ on anything. Also I was gifted 16 drink coupons on my last cruise and have 12 left to bring with me on the next one just because I never had them with me when I needed them. You always have your sail and sign card so the OBC is just much more convinient in my opinion.

Honestly.. I wouldn't even bother buy the drink coupons. Your not really "saving" anything since one way or another, your paying the entire cost for a drink. They are only useful when you recieve them a gift from a friend or family member. On my last cruise, I got 12 soda coupons and 12 alcohol coupons. I got them from redeeming my Fun Points from my Carnival MasterCard. They definitely helped the bill a bit, but I will admit, it was a pain in the a$$ remembering to carry them with me. I didn't even end up using all the soda coupons since I always forgot to bring them to dinner. Oh well -- they will be used on an upcoming cruise instead :)

We used them on Pride this past May and loved them! Two coupons covered DH's rum & coke and my Bloody Mary, and no additional charge so I think you DO save a bit! ;) I also stuck them in the camera case, or DH had them in his pocket if he had pockets!

We've bought them for the last two cruises. You do save on the tip. We'll easily use 5 coupons a day (probably more like 10) & save over $30 on the tips. That's $30 I can use for something else. I wouldn't save anything with Funship Dollars. And our experience has been that the bartender/server rarely charges for the price difference. For us it is an easy way to prepay part of our bar bill. I didn't find the coupons to be a pain.

Your not really "saving" anything since one way or another, your paying the entire cost for a drink.

You're "saving" (not sure what that's in quotes) $.86 a drink. If you're big drinkers, that can add up! So yes, you are "saving" money by using them.

We've never used them in the past, however I am planning on getting them for our upcoming cruise just to have an extra expense out of the way before hand. the less on the S&S the better. I don't think it will be an issue as far as having them with us either. We have lanyards, so I'll just keep them in there with the S&S card, where ever I go them, I have it with me.

Archived