Chair Hogs!

TriciaEMTB

For those who really move the chair hogs stuff, where do you put it? Don't say you throw it overboard or in the trash because I highly doubt that. I wouldn't want to put their stuff on the ground, because that's disrespectful, but into another chair with other people's stuff would get confusing. Do you just give it to a carnival worker?

For those who really move the chair hogs stuff, where do you put it? Don't say you throw it overboard or in the trash because I highly doubt that. I wouldn't want to put their stuff on the ground, because that's disrespectful, but into another chair with other people's stuff would get confusing. Do you just give it to a carnival worker?

I just change its altitude. it goes on the floor.

I haven't actually done it but for me, it would depend on what it was. A shoe, a towel, a magazine, etc. would just go on the floor. Personal effects would be turned in to a Carnival employee for 'lost & found'. :)

One thing I do not understand at all is people getting so bent out of shape over chair hogs. I would have no problem finding a spot anywhere for half an hour and scoping out the 'marked' chairs. Any chair that did not have a body in it at any time during that 30 minutes would be fair game and I would not feel the least bit bad about removing whatever crap was 'saving' the chair. Easy peasy! I'm guessing that IRL very few chair hogs would have the cojones to address it with you and so what if they did?

I moved their items to the floor. I put them under a chair close by that was being hog'd so i could watch the confusion on their face's when they returned, and were not sure where their chairs were.

But after 4 hours on deck, we never witnessed anyone return to either chair the whole time.

I don't worry about chair hogs and I don't have to sit right by the main pool. Too many kids!

My gf and I go back to adults pool and if there isn't a chair, we just go up to the next deck and there are ALWAYS chairs available. I have no problem walking down a deck, taking a dip, and walking back up to the next deck.

I'm not comfortable moving other cruisers property no matter what.

I'm on a cruise! I don't sweat the small stuff-and it's all small stuff!:)

Disrespectful is chair hogging!! I move the stuff to a total different location.

I have seen so many gripe about this... yet last year on our cruise not once did I ever see the deck so full that there were literally no seats. Is this a legitimate complaint? How stupid to get worked up over a chair! There are hundreds of chairs. Pick an empty seat. Wow, what a concept!

I don't worry about chair hogs and I don't have to sit right by the main pool. Too many kids!

My gf and I go back to adults pool and if there isn't a chair, we just go up to the next deck and there are ALWAYS chairs available. I have no problem walking down a deck, taking a dip, and walking back up to the next deck.

I'm not comfortable moving other cruisers property no matter what.

I'm on a cruise! I don't sweat the small stuff-and it's all small stuff!:)

I agree!! However our last cruise on Freedom in March there were so many spring beakers that moved chairs from shaded areas it was very crowded even on higher deck.

We will not sail during spring break again--Our boo boo:)

I haven't actually done it but for me, it would depend on what it was. A shoe, a towel, a magazine, etc. would just go on the floor. Personal effects would be turned in to a Carnival employee for 'lost & found'. :)

One thing I do not understand at all is people getting so bent out of shape over chair hogs. I would have no problem finding a spot anywhere for half an hour and scoping out the 'marked' chairs. Any chair that did not have a body in it at any time during that 30 minutes would be fair game and I would not feel the least bit bad about removing whatever crap was 'saving' the chair. Easy peasy! I'm guessing that IRL very few chair hogs would have the cojones to address it with you and so what if they did?

On the Liberty in June, at the adult pool in the back of the ship I would be greeted every morning at 0730 with every chair facing the pool having a towel, shoe, or book in it and yet not a soul in sight, not in the water, not by the pizza place or the bar, nowhere. Makes you wonder if all those things snuck out in the middle of the night and came to the pool by themselves!!!! Creepy!

I disagree. Would you be of the 'Chair Hog' variety?

that's what this board is for...you are allowed. No. I don't keep any chairs. I don't hang in the crazy center lido area. too many idiots in this area.

chair hogs are As_es. People who move others property are bigger As_ses

We had no probs on our first cruise. When we needed/wanted a chair we managed to find some. Luckily, they were away from the maddening crowd. We did consolidate some stuff onto a single lounge to make room for ourselves. We asked the folks nearby if anyone was sitting there, and of course they said "not since we've been here". Never became an issue because they never came around while we were there,, either.

All I can say is, one good turn deserves another.

If everyone played by the same rules the above quote would be correct. When the hogs become a problem for those of us who don't do that, well, that's when the rules change for all of us. I would never suggest something malicious or illegal, but moving the junk over to make some room is simply a hazard the hogs have to deal with. :D

"I don't know anything about your stuff, mister. This chair was empty when I got here. Is that it over there?" If that happens to them enough times, maybe they'll give up.

If you are an a##, you wouldn't need a t-shirt. We'll know. ;)

Probably just a big buy with a little mind....in high school they mattered now the rest of us get to laugh at them....

The worst case of chair hogging I've ever seen.... Two women had a pair of chairs next to us in the shade with towels on them BUT they were sitting on two chairs in the sun! When they needed to get out of the sun for awhile, they sat in the shade chairs and put towels on the sun chairs. There was nothing else available in the shade. DROVE ME NUTS to see people walking around looking for chairs to sit in. I was going to offer THEIR empty chairs to someone walking by but my wife held me back....

To me, it isn't the actual fact i can't find a chair to sit on that bothers me about 'chair hogs'. It's the fact that they are being selfish and not thinking of others that annoys me. Cutting in line at the buffet, not holding elevators, getting loud and obnoxiously drunk etc.. All of these things bother me simply because of the lack of respect or concern for fellow passengers.

If people only took a chair when they were ready to use it, the problem and inconvenience to other passengers would vanish. It's a simple simple solution and that's why it irritates me so much.

I just love these chair hog threads because I really don't like the chair hogs. I feel quite passionate about it. Yes. I'm one of THOSE ! :D

I take the stuff off the chair hogs chair and put it anywhere. Doesn't matter. If they can walk off and leave it for 3 hours, they must not care too much about it.

Being an early riser, I get up to the pool by 9:00am at the latest... I've often wondered if some of that stuff was left behind by the latenightintotheearlymorning party people. But I digress...

Yeppers, I toss it anywhere. Table, another chair, trashcan [oops!], floor, whereever. Again, if they cared about the stuff, they wouldn't leave it laying around...

flame away... :p

One nice thing about DCL is they have an employee near the pool areas and I have seen them several times take stuff off of chairs from those "chair-hogging" types and move it to the lost and found (I assume) They advertise that if you leave your chair unattended for more than 30 minutes they will move your stuff and they will! I take it upon myself to do that on other cruise lines.

Many of those chair holder items may not even be from chair hogs, but from people who have nowhere else to put their stuff when they are in the pool, eating lunch near the pool, etc. I have suggested on this Cc board, and to other pool clubs/spas that I have been to, to put small cubbies (like bookcases with separations, or open lockers) near the pool area. Those who want to go in the pool, then get a snack, just sit for a little with their food, then go in the pool again (you get the picture) can place their towel, flip flops, and book into a cubby for storage. Without a place to put these things, they must be put onto a chair. I am one of those people who have no desire to sit by the pool, but have some items that I want to bring with me when I go to that area. I have nowhere now to put them except onto a chair!

People, it is time to get over it. There are so many things more important in this world. If you want that chair by the pool, just get out earlier than the chair hog. Chair hogging is not going to change. Let it go.

Obviously you don't cruise with children or you would know how ignorant you sound. Are we supposed to wake a sleeping child at 7:00am to get a chair by the pool so when our child wants to swim we can be next to the pool? I don't normally care where I sit but when my kids are with us on the cruise and they are in the pool I don't think all of the books and towels need to be sitting there holding chairs that no one is using.

And I have moved stuff and actually had someone say something to me about it...I sat on the edge of the pool for OVER an hour and there were 7 chairs with stuff on them...I took 1 of the middle ones and moved the stuff to a chair next to it...they had saved all 7 chairs and told me I need to move...I refused and then they all left and within 3 minutes all of those chairs were taken.

It simply states that chairs cannot be left unattended for more than 30 minutes...that is not a guideline, that is a rule they have in writing, no rules and imagine how enjoyable a cruise would be...

Archived