A question for the ladies...

leaski

Do you carry your full size, normal everyday purse, while on a cruise? I never noticed this till my last cruise, but saw several women walking around the ship with their full size handbags. Standing in line at the buffet, juggling a bag just doesn't appeal to me, so I was just wondering what the general feeling is on this. When I am home, I use my bag to pretty much carry everything I might need while I am out and about. However while on a cruise, all I carry is a small crossover bag that holds my room key, a camera, and maybe some lip gloss. I am essentially hands free a majority of the time. I got to thinking about this because I am cruising with my grandson in 2 weeks and will be bringing my Nook with me, which is new since I last cruised. I am thinking I will need a new bag to hold it, along with the room key and camera, but would still like to remain hands free. I just can't imagine fumbling with my full size bag while wandering the ship. What is you take on the handbag issue? Full size everyday bag, scaled down bag, or none at all?

No regular bag for me! A few cute evening bags for dinner & shows, a beachbag or backpack for excursions. Around the ship during the day, no bag, I guess I don't carry that much around with me, maybe a lipgloss & a drink:p

I'm an admitted handbag addict, however, when I am on the ship, I don't carry one at all. Generally, all I need is my S&S card which is either in a pocket or on a lanyard. If I carry my iPad, I keep the card in that. As for travelling in ports, I think something small that can be kept close is smarter and easier. I'll keep a separate beach bag for towels, etc. But I never understood people lugging handbags around the ship. I don't carry one around the house. If I need something, I can go back to the room and get it! (It also helps that my husband is the family photographer, so I don't have to carry the camera!)

Do you carry your full size, normal everyday purse, while on a cruise?

In real life I ALWAYS carry my purse. But on a cruise? Never, ever! I will put my camera and other little necessities in either a fanny-pack or a small "cross-over" bag. I want to feel as unencumbered as possible. And this applies to going to shore - never carry my purse. And I do not carry a full wallet either. Just a small "bill-fold" that has my license, debit card, some cash and s/s card.

Funny how I would never walk around normally without my purse, but on a cruise, it is the last thing I want to see. In fact, I empty it of all the "important stuff" (wallet, passport, etc.) and tuck it into my suitcase - and I don't even see my purse again until the last night of the cruise. When I see the purse, I know that the fun is almost over!

Hope that helps!

For the travel days pre/post cruise I carry a small messenger style bag that I use as my purse, but mainly with essentials and my camera. Depending on excursions I may or may not use it when going off ship. I mostly use my camera bag to put my essentials in (room key, sunglasses, etc.) when leaving the room, although for dinner and shows I do pack a very small purse to hold those same things as the camera bag doesn't necessarily make a nice accessory when dressing up! For just around the ship, lido deck, pool, etc. I use one of those around the neck lanyards and only carry my room key. I don't know why one would want their entire purse with them, unless walking is a problem and they don't want to go back to the room if they need something, but that's just my opinion. Another perk of the ship, if you forgot it in the room, just go grab it. Now, if you were on a land vacation, that might not be such a convenient option!;)

I carry a regular sized handbag. I usually have a bottle of sunscreen, a book, camera, brush, lipgloss and maybe even iPod. This is when I'm at the pool. At night I would not carry a normal size bag, either a clutch or nothing at all and let hubby carry my lipgloss and DL. I do carry my camera in a little case at night.

I am normally always "with a purse" but not on vacation. I had a lanyard

just for S&S card for walking around. When we left the ship or when we

went to dinner I had a small "crossover" purse just for essentials. Used

a large tote for pool towels, etc. when needed. I do have a larger camera

that could not fit in my purse so I usually just had it around my neck when

I needed it.:)

I bought a wristlet for my first cruise coming up next month! I need to carry my phone (which I used as camera, music player, deck plan app, texting etc), a comb, chapstick, S&S card, and possibly light make up and mirror. :D

I carry a Vera Bradley Hipster purse. It has an across the shoulder strap, and I use it on the ship and while in port.

I do too.....I have the regular hipster which is larger that I used to carry when I had books, but now I carry this minihipster which is just the right size for my kindle and other have to haves.

10334104?hei=170&wid=216&op_sharpen=1

I'm a purse fanatic!!! I have never taken a regular purse on any vacation!

On the cruise I purposefully wear shorts with pockets in the front or jeans ~ I slip my sign n sail card in the pockets.

On port day I will have a very small, lightweight waterproof backpack.

When traveling to/fro the cruise I will wear my Vera Bradley mini hipster ~ just enough to hold ids, gum, passports, sunglasses, papers, etc.

While on the ship, I put my S&S card in my back pocket. I put my small camera on its strap over my wrist. And that's it. I love it!

When in ports, it depends on where I am going, what I am doing, who I am with (that I might get to carry things:D), etc.

I usually didnt carry around my purse at all, i just gave everything to hubby to put in his pocket :p, but this time i think im going to get a cute little crossover purse thats small enough to hold my room key ect.

I don't carry my large purse, but just a tote bag containing my travel documents, wallet, that I put in the safe, car/house keys, and my Nook! I have a lanyard that I carry around my neck for the sail and sign card and stateroom key.

I carry a regular sized handbag. I usually have a bottle of sunscreen, a book, camera, brush, lipgloss and maybe even iPod. This is when I'm at the pool. At night I would not carry a normal size bag, either a clutch or nothing at all and let hubby carry my lipgloss and DL. I do carry my camera in a little case at night.

I always carry a bag. It just hangs on my shoulder, no big deal. Feel naked without it. The bag itself is very lightweight, but like you I also carry sunscreen, cameras, maybe binoculars, a bottle of water.

All the usual items are removed, wallet keys, etc.:)

Do you carry your full size, normal everyday purse, while on a cruise? I never noticed this till my last cruise, but saw several women walking around the ship with their full size handbags. Standing in line at the buffet, juggling a bag just doesn't appeal to me, so I was just wondering what the general feeling is on this. When I am home, I use my bag to pretty much carry everything I might need while I am out and about. However while on a cruise, all I carry is a small crossover bag that holds my room key, a camera, and maybe some lip gloss. I am essentially hands free a majority of the time. I got to thinking about this because I am cruising with my grandson in 2 weeks and will be bringing my Nook with me, which is new since I last cruised. I am thinking I will need a new bag to hold it, along with the room key and camera, but would still like to remain hands free. I just can't imagine fumbling with my full size bag while wandering the ship. What is you take on the handbag issue? Full size everyday bag, scaled down bag, or none at all?

I actually don't carry anything around the cruise. I attach a lanyard to my key card and put it around my neck. If I have a pocket, I put my phone in it. I also have a crossover bag that I use when I need to carry around my Galaxy tab (similar size as the Nook) and/or small camera. The crossover bag is not that big or doesn't look it, but I get to fit a lot of stuff in it. I got it from Kenneth Cole.

Archived