Waitlisted and worried

beffiegirl

Just booked the Dream two weeks ago and the only dinner time available is late. I'm waitlisted for early, but would take my time dining, but only could be on one waitlist - TA said. Should I be worried? I have little ones and 8 pm is too late for them, and I'm not really fond of the buffet for dinner. Just wondering how many people didn't get the time they wanted? What are my chances? Should I call them? When should I call? Thanks soo much, just want everything to be perfect!

Just booked the Dream two weeks ago and the only dinner time available is late. I'm waitlisted for early, but would take my time dining, but only could be on one waitlist - TA said. Should I be worried? I have little ones and 8 pm is too late for them, and I'm not really fond of the buffet for dinner. Just wondering how many people didn't get the time they wanted? What are my chances? Should I call them? When should I call? Thanks soo much, just want everything to be perfect!

If you are still set up for late seating when you check in and get your S&S, go see the maitre d' after boarding (1PM or 1:30PM is when he becomes available) He can switch you to Any time Dining or Early Seating. He may not be able to to so the first night, but you can try late dining then or just use the Lido Buffet the firs tnight until you hear back.

I also was waitlisted for early seating but when I got my S&S card ATD was listed instead. Cross your fingers and as others have mentioned you can always talk to the MD on the first afternoon and explain your situation.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

We were just on the Glory a few weeks ago, 23 in our group. 4 of those 23 people booked later than the rest of us and couldn't be confirmed for the same seating. They were waitlisted and when we boarded the ship their cards said early dining...same as us. When we got to the dining room, not only were they eating at the same time but they had a table right next to ours! They will do whatever they can to make you happy...just ask. Call your TA or Carnival and then follow up and check with the Maitre'd when you board.

I booked two weeks before departure (Glory) and was waitlisted for early dining. A week later (week before departure) we were confirmed for early dining.

Did they email you regarding the change or did you call to find out? Or, did the change show up in your electronic docs?

We booked last minute and while I'm fine with late sitting, I'd prefer ATD if we can get it.

Thanks

Did they email you regarding the change or did you call to find out? Or, did the change show up in your electronic docs?

We booked last minute and while I'm fine with late sitting, I'd prefer ATD if we can get it.

Thanks

It showed up online plus I got an email from my TA (no email from Carnival).

Thanks everyone! All positive , so I guess thats good. And yes, I thought about having my kids at camp while my hubby and I eat late, but I hate eating late. Not to mention my DD7 hates leaving my side. And then theirs my DS2. To much hiss hass! Positive thoughts!!!

I really wouldn't worry about it. How many are in your party? It's my opinion that some people will probably change once they get on the ship and I'm sure if you check on the first night they can make arrangements for you. We saw this on our last cruise!

If nothing else, try anytime dining. We loved it!

Sometimes they can fix it sometimes not.

We had to have late seating once with young kids. It wasn't my favorite, but we still had a great cruise. i don't know how old your kids are, but we managed to have ours take a short nap during the day, and that helped for the evening.

The worst part really is walking around at 10:00 pm totally stuffed if you are used to eating early. The kids adapted just fine.

Archived