Port Canaveral Debarkation & Rental Car Question

Rochmom

I tried searching this forum, but couldn't find this specific question. My apologies if it's already been covered.

We're a party of 6, disembarking at Port Canaveral. We have a one way rental reservation through Budget. My question is, what's the most convenient way to handle the pick up process? If we send one person on the rental co. shuttle to pick up the vehicle, where do the rest of us wait with the luggage? It seems like if we all try to go on the shuttle with all of the bags, that takes up space that could be used by other cruisers, but I'm really not all that interested in waiting the the sun if we don't have to....

Your advice, please?

When we used Avis last year (we were five) we all rode the shuttle to the car place. I think the main reason we did that there was so much going on at the port....folks disembarcking other folks rushing to startbtheir vacations that we decoded it was less stressful to just deal with the port traffic once. Of course some of the mess may have bee because it was Sun's first time in port so disembarkation was an hour or two late getting started. As I recall, there were some bustop type shade structures where we waited for the shuttle.

When we used Avis last year (we were five) we all rode the shuttle to the car place. I think the main reason we did that there was so much going on at the port....folks disembarcking other folks rushing to startbtheir vacations that we decoded it was less stressful to just deal with the port traffic once. Of course some of the mess may have bee because it was Sun's first time in port so disembarkation was an hour or two late getting started. As I recall, there were some bustop type shade structures where we waited for the shuttle.

Could you please tell me how you find the shuttle when you get off the ship to take you to the car rental office? Do you arrange ahead of time? thanks

There were port folks who directed us to the parking area (we were on NCL, but I presume the Carnival/RC and Disney areas are similar. I belive this is the long term parking area and around the edge of it were the bus stop like covers and various shuttle services were there. We had to wait for Avis to get there - seems like maybe someone told us they had just left....maybe a 10 minute wait as I recall. We didnt' have to call them.

Archived