Oasis and Bingo

We just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Oasis! Is there bingo for cash prizes on the ship? Thanks so much!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I haven't been on Oasis.....but I can unequivocally, say that YES, there will be bingo with cash prizes. :D:):D

Bingo is not cheap--at least $30 plus for four games and if you get the electronic thingee which has many more "cards," hence a better chance to win, a lot more. Payout is sometimes as low as $100 and if two Bingo at the same time, it is split. On some of our recent cruises, they have canceled it because not enough people were there to play to make it worth the ship's time. These Voyager size ships and not the big ones so there is a bigger pool to draw from.

Some day they are going to figure out that if the prices were more reasonable, more people would play. Not a whole lot of bang for your buck unless it is the final session where a progressive jackpot/free cruise is offered. Occasionally they will offer a free upgrade to a suite in one of the first games if one is sailing empty.

Tucker in Texas

I'm glad you expanded on the topic. I won a 1 ounce silver peso on a Carnival cruise and $400 once on an RCCL cruise. A long time ago. It is so expensive to play now, and the payoffs are so small that we no longer play. :o

No skill is required if you purchase the "machine". Duh, the bell rings when your card wins, thus only requiring you to stand up and yell. Not much different than a slot machine, but I think you have better odds at a slot machine.

Archived