How successful have been been with "waitlisted" dining?

tink24

How many of you have had your dining waitlist dreams come true? Did you find out prior to boarding or on arrival? If you didn't get what you wanted, how did you fair once onboard and asking the maitre d?

How many of you have had your dining waitlist dreams come true? Did you find out prior to boarding or on arrival? If you didn't get what you wanted, how did you fair once onboard and asking the maitre d?

We have had no problem with wait-listed dining. On our last Carnival cruise in 2009 we didn't find out until we were on board the ship where we were going to be seated. They sat the DH, DS, SIL, and me at a table for four. We did not want to just dine by ourselves so we immediately asked the MD to seat us at a table with other people and were immediately accommodated. :) He sat us at a table with a couple who were sitting at a table for 8 alone. The couple was very happy to have us move to their table because they did not want to be dining alone the whole cruise. We became good buddies immediately and have shared e-mails and Christmas cards.:D

Just got off the Dream this morning. We did not book until 3 weeks ago and were wait listed for 815 pm. I hear that everyone is waitlisted unless you are a platinum member(10 cruises). So don't worry, we booked 2 weeks before departure & my family of 4 got exactly what we wanted...and the best waiter that we have ever had on a cruise.

Pavel at table 431 in the Scarlet diningroom.

We were waitlisted for Your Time Dining on our last cruise and even after 7 months of waiting, we did NOT get it.

(probably alot easier to get early or late seating, since they are not as in demand)

Tried to get changed on embarkation day, but Maitre'd said that "EVERYBODY" was asking to be switched to YTD, so no way.

Luckily DW hit Platinum on our upcoming cruise so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Your Time Dining from here on........:D

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to change from Late to YTD...contacted my PVP, only thing available was to hold on to Late and be Waitlisted for YTD. So I did that.

Anyone ever do this and successful in the dining switch? I am Platinum...will that help at all?

Thanks!!

We booked the Magic in January and requested Your Time Dining. They never said that was a problem, but when the confirmation arrived, it said we had early seating (which would have been our second choice) and were waitlisted for YTD.

We heard nothing in the interim and boarded the ship in July. Upon boarding, we went to our dining room and asked about our status. The person there told us we would need to go to the "other" dining room to ask there. We had passed that dining room on our way to our cabin and there was already a long line-up. Plus, we pride ourselves on being low maintenance passengers, who are happy to get what they get, rather than be one of THOSE people who always "needs" what he wants. I was happy to ask about it, but I didn't really want to stand in a line for half an hour only to find out that it was not available. In addition, in the meantime, we had done a lot of planning around our itineraries and realized that, for the most part, we'd be coming back to the ship around 5:00 on our five port days, so "our time" was probably going to end up being 6:00 anyway.

We didn't really think about it again and enjoyed our cruise.

We booked the Magic in January and requested Your Time Dining. They never said that was a problem, but when the confirmation arrived, it said we had early seating (which would have been our second choice) and were waitlisted for YTD.

We heard nothing in the interim and boarded the ship in July. Upon boarding, we went to our dining room and asked about our status. The person there told us we would need to go to the "other" dining room to ask there. We had passed that dining room on our way to our cabin and there was already a long line-up. Plus, we pride ourselves on being low maintenance passengers, who are happy to get what they get, rather than be one of THOSE people who always "needs" what he wants. I was happy to ask about it, but I didn't really want to stand in a line for half an hour only to find out that it was not available. In addition, in the meantime, we had done a lot of planning around our itineraries and realized that, for the most part, we'd be coming back to the ship around 5:00 on our five port days, so "our time" was probably going to end up being 6:00 anyway.

We didn't really think about it again and enjoyed our cruise.

Once you boarded, did your S&S Card indicate Early? Thanks!

I booked my Thanksgiving cruise about a 6 weeks before and all that was available for my family of 5 was Late dining. I was waitlisted for ATD. I was all prepared to go to the Maitre D when I got on the boat since thats what I read to do but I didn't have to. When I got my S&S card, I was given ATD. Good Luck..hope you get the dining you want.

I just (today) booked a cruise for October 9 Online----it showed that late seating was the only option available. YTD and early seating were both wait listed. So I clicked on the button to be wait listed for YTD. We would have been okay w/ late seating if it came to that so I wasn't worried.

3 hours after booking, I received an email confirming us for YTD! :)

Good luck!

I'd much rather be able to delay my dinner to watch the sunset! 6 pm is too early and 8 pm too late. 7 pm is just right--for us!

I wanted to change from Late to YTD...contacted my PVP, only thing available was to hold on to Late and be Waitlisted for YTD. So I did that.

Anyone ever do this and successful in the dining switch? I am Platinum...will that help at all?

Thanks!!

It sure will help!! :D When you're Platinum, you are guarenteed your chosen dining time! It's 1 of my favourite things about being Platinum!!!! :D Late Seating (8:15pm) all the time, every time for me!!!! :D YTD all the time, every time (if you want) for you!!!! :D

yay!!! I just checked my reservation again online...now CONFIRMED for YTD! :D 5 hours later.

Yea Late was ok, but some circumstances with our group made it so I wanted to choose a different dining time. I usually do YTD anyway but took Late for the good of the group this one time only.

yay!!! I just checked my reservation again online...now CONFIRMED for YTD! :D 5 hours later.

Yea Late was ok, but some circumstances with our group made it so I wanted to choose a different dining time. I usually do YTD anyway but took Late for the good of the group this one time only.

CONGRATS!! Glad you got ATD. I hope you have a great cruise :D

Thank you so much for all the replies. We ended up taking an offer on a Spa Suite from the upsell fairy and it included our choice of dining. I wanted to try YTD, but my husband likes structure, so we are now confirmed for early. One less thing to worry about! We leave on the 28th.... Can't wait :D

Archived