What percentage of your vacations are cruises?

What percentage of your vacations are cruises?  

385 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your vacations are cruises?

I'm with cincicruisers. We just got back from a 3 day land trip and I just find it so exhausting. Having to drive to various destinations, deciding on where to eat, where to stay, etc. Just point me to my cabin and I'm happy. We try to cruise at least once a year. I'd like more, but DH doesn't. Next year will be two because I'm doing one with gal pals. Is the QM2 ready for us???

I misread the question :rolleyes:

I answered it, which percentage are NOT cruises. Duh!

The only vacations I can think of since 99 that weren't cruises are: 1 week in Cancun and 1 week on Maui. Both were fabulous, but they weren't cruises, and nothing can quite compare IMHO! :D

I have done a cruise once a year for the past 5 years but I also go to the Jersey Shore for 2 weeks in the summer. I've been going there since I was 10 months old and learned to walk. I'd prefer to cruise all the time but finances don't quite allow that.

Mini vacations are on land. Anything 7 days or longer are spent aboard a ship! :)

My family is the same way. Land vacations are 3 or 4 days. 7 days or longer are always cruises!! Plus our cruises are about 90% of our vacations. :D :D :D

Once you start cruising, you don't want to quit. Nothing on land compares to it. We go on our 6th cruise in June. It is all we do now. Love it.

I agree. Once you have had a taste of cruising you can't quit. NOTHING on land compares. Not Disney World, not visiting the national capital, etc. We have taken 6 RCI, 1 NCL, 1HAL, and God willing many more to come!! :D :D :D

Did my first cruise last year and was considering doing a land based vacation this year. However, when I read about Freedom of the Seas and knowing I really liked the Western Caribbean itineary I was soldon another cruise. And when we compared the cost and bang for the buck, we chose the cruise over a land based, all incusive vacation.

We are still going to doing a domestic land vacation (visiting out sister island of Tobago) this year, but we are saving for our cruise in 2006. The cost of the cruise is very good, but airfare from where I live does not make crusing a vacation that we can easily do every year, unless we depart from Barbados.....but I do not want to go on the cruise line or the ship that leaves from there!

I like Aruba. I go for 10 days or so in November of every year.

What I love about cruising is the chance to sample ports of call to see if I could or would want to spend a week there.

But being single now, cruising can get pricey, so I look at #1 the ships, then the ports of call.

There are many many places in the Southern Carribean I want to visit amd cruising for me is the only way I will get to all of them.

So plans are for every year or every 2nd year will do at least a 7 day cruise.

I went on my first cruise, Majesty in Western Caribbean, for my honeymoon just over 5 years ago with minimal expectations. Needless to say, I was instantly addicted. We've done 2 more and are looking to book 2006!

While cruising is at the top of our list, we cruise at least once every year, we also do many other things. We go to Las Vegas at times, have been there about 17 times, we visit relatives in South Carolina, AZ, CA and IL. I go to WDW with my daughter and DIL and grandson, and this May I am going to San Juan for 5 days with the girls.....have luggage will travel. My DH does not like WDW, so I go without him.

DH and I love to cruise!!! We will be going on our 5th cruise in Oct. We are taking his parents for their 45th wedding anniversary. We have averaged a cruise a year for the last 5 years (except one year we didn't get to) We have gone to Gatlinburg a few times since we started cruising.

Our land vacations have always included visiting relatives: NC, CA, FL, VA. We have also visited beaches in NJ, DE and VA. We always take a family vacation (daughter, husband and myself) then my husband and I take a husband wife vacation. We have been to two all inclusives in Jamaica. Last year, my husband and I decided to take a cruise. We enjoyed it soo much, we plan on cruising as much as possible - taking my daughter when she turns 18 (what I witnessed on our cruise last year, it would be no vacation for either of us!). A comparison of all inclusives and cruises:

all-inclusives do offer excursions (did not do any), unlimited beer and alcoholic beverage (they do not skim on the liquor) and unlimited food (the food on the cruise ship is of a much better quality!!!). Overall the cost of either is about the same, the only difference is whether you pay it up front (all-inclusive) or on the back end (a cruise in the form of your final bill). We will continue to do all inclusives with our daughter, until she turns 18.

all i can say is that we are definitely "Openly Addicted To Cruising". we took our first cruise a number of years ago and you cannot compare a land vacation to a cruise. cruising is truly a worry free and extremely relaxing vacation for both the mind and body. i wish i could afford to cruise once a month.

As a percentage of vacation days, cruises are probably around 50 percent of our vacations. We tend to take shorter land-based vacations, especially in the North Carolina mountains and at the coast. So as a percentage of total number of vacations, cruises are probably only 25 percent for us--just one a year most years.

Guest Badgercruiser!

Living in Wisconsin makes it a bit more difficult fot 4 of us (we always take our kids [now 10 and 13]) to fly. We cruise about 2/3 of the time but it woulf be a much higher %age if we lived driving distance to a port.

Cruising 100% for us!! I was into cruising long before I met my hubby - thank god he loves them too!!!!! It's the best value out there and there is always something to do!! I mentioned going to Disney this year - needless to say, we are going on our 1st Celebrity cruise instead!

Cruised for the first time in 1987. Then we cruised about every three years until 1998, now it is every year at least one cruise. We will be on our 13th and 14th cruise in May. Yahoo! The Freedom is booked for 2006!

I have only done one cruise, for our honeymoon in 2004, but booked another one for 2006 on the Freedom. I love going on vacation and I like to mix it up;sometimes we go to an all inclusive, sometime we go to a regular hotel,where ever we stay we do lots of tours and try to see as much as the island as possible.

I have been to Tobago (too many times to count), Barbados (4 times), St. Lucia (3 times), Antigua (twice), Grenada (once), St. Maarten (cruise), St. Thomas (cruise).

Planning on visiting the Dominican Republic, Aruba and Mexico some time in the future!

Archived