Deposit question

I did a dummy booking online to see what was available and went all the way to the deposit screen. I was looking at the grand suite for 5 nights for 4 people. The deposit amount was $400.00 (100 per person). I called RCC to check availability for 5 people and was told the deposit is 200/person equally 1000.00. I was told that ALL suites except JS were 200 per person yet online it states 100. He told me I must be looking at the wrong suite so while I had him on the phone I went through it again, and again it showed $400/100 per person. He has no explanation just said that he knows for a fact suites above JS are 200 per person. Just wondering why the difference between online and calling?

I did a dummy booking online to see what was available and went all the way to the deposit screen. I was looking at the grand suite for 5 nights for 4 people. The deposit amount was $400.00 (100 per person). I called RCC to check availability for 5 people and was told the deposit is 200/person equally 1000.00. I was told that ALL suites except JS were 200 per person yet online it states 100. He told me I must be looking at the wrong suite so while I had him on the phone I went through it again, and again it showed $400/100 per person. He has no explanation just said that he knows for a fact suites above JS are 200 per person. Just wondering why the difference between online and calling?

Grand Suites and higher do indeed have a double deposit requirement. Can't explain the website, except to say that the website has always had trouble with deposits. Twice a year Royal has special sales where they offer half price deposits. Guess what - half price deposits are not handled correctly on the website either.

I called and booked my cruise 3 days ago and had to pay $250 per person ($750 total) for D1.

You are looking at a longer cruise (probably a 7 night). The OP is booking a 3 to 5 night cruise. Deposit is $100 pp, unless you're booking a full suite, then all deposits are doubled.

In the OP's case, that's $200 pp. In your case, it would be $500 pp. If you were on a long cruise, it would be $900 pp. :eek:

Archived