Theme music for Celebrity

cruisegirl

Just guessing, but I'll bet it was the version by the late, great Hawaiian singer, Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole. It can be found in several of his albums, including "Facing Future," downloadable from Apple's iTunes Store. It was also a theme in the Adam Sandle/Drew Barrymore movie, "50 First Dates."

"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by IZ is one of my favorites also...I heard it the first time in a shop in Hilo, Hawaii. We were on Mercury (2001), and found this CD wonderful. I play it in my car when I need my "Hawaii Fix"!!

We'll be back there on the Summit next Jan. and I plan to visit that shop again.

thank you to each of you! You've made my day. I've already listened to it and plan to purchase the CD. It is such a haunting tune. I was so disappointed on our Nov. 2004 Hawaiian cruise that Celebrity wasn't still playing it.

Again thanks!

For those of you who love IZ, I'm sorry to inform you he passed away nearly a decade ago. His weight was a contributing factor to his heart problems and death.

He is one of my favorite performers. First heard "Somewhere" used in a commercial for E-Toys who has since gone out of business.

I LOVE it too.

I am sure that you can find it on other sites but here it "IZ".

http://1800sunstar.com/sitesR/H_listen/offscan/IZ/h001.html

Heard it recently on a TV commercial- such a beautiful rendition... smile.gif

Aloha!

PS. You can find it on Amazon too "Alone in IZ World"

THANKS so much!!! We were on the Millie in Jan 05 and they played it then. My husband loved it so much I videotaped the TV while it was on! I have searched for it everywhere and now I can but it! YEA!

biggrin.gif

Recent Hallmark commercials now feature that song.

Just after I saw the link here to the CD, I went downstairs and saw the Hallmark commercial(which I have never seen before today). Perhaps it is a sign that we should plan another cruise? My husband did find the CD at Borders. It iis wonderful!smile.gif

Add another one to the list -- I love that song too.

Imagine being on Millennium after being in Santorini the whole wonderful day. The cruise ship now has to debark at 11:00pm leaving you sad as you leave Santorini in the distance with its night lights dotting the island. You and your husband are the only ones on deck as the ship leaves. As you watch Santorini slowly fade in the distance, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is playing. A very magical ending to a beautiful day.

Thanks for asking about & posting the artist!

Lynn.......

DH did it and he did a GREAT job. He even added rainbow on one pic and a twirling bowtie on another. I will ask him what he used....it is GREAT and we are going to do it to all of our vacation pics from now on!!!! Will use various songs, obviously, but lots of fun! DD#2 is going on a Carnival cruise w/ her college in May and their song is "I'll Go Sailing"...not sure if that is the exact title, but a nice song. I like Iz's song better, but I like Celebrity better!!! LOL

D

DH did it and he did a GREAT job. He even added rainbow on one pic and a twirling bowtie on another. I will ask him what he used....it is GREAT and we are going to do it to all of our vacation pics from now on!!!! Will use various songs, obviously, but lots of fun! DD#2 is going on a Carnival cruise w/ her college in May and their song is "I'll Go Sailing"...not sure if that is the exact title, but a nice song. I like Iz's song better, but I like Celebrity better!!! LOL

Thanks so much let me know! :)

Add another one to the list -- I love that song too.

Imagine being on Millennium after being in Santorini the whole wonderful day. The cruise ship now has to debark at 11:00pm leaving you sad as you leave Santorini in the distance with its night lights dotting the island. You and your husband are the only ones on deck as the ship leaves. As you watch Santorini slowly fade in the distance, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is playing. A very magical ending to a beautiful day.

I read this and found myself tearing up-you described my sentiments exactly!:)

LynnVB: I was tearing up as I wrote my sentiments! Everytime I hear it on Celebrity (& elsewhere like Hallmark commercial) I pause to listen to the song and I'm always reminded of Santorini. What I can't figure out was why we were the only two out on deck. My husband always says, "There's your favorite song." Thanks to cruisegirl for inquiring and all of you for posting the artist, I can now buy the CD. Maybe I can somehow figure out how to put the music with my digital cruise videos and pictures. It might be easier to have the digital video camera ready to go in case they play the song on the next cruise.

Thanks, Doree, too for the idea about music and photo DVD.

Thanks to cruisegirl for inquiring and all of you for posting the artist, I can now buy the CD.

Tour,

Had no trouble finding it at Borders, checked there before, but of course we had no artist name. The sales people said it ws one of the best sellers.

Just curious, where in DE are you from? I am in Va Beacb, however, I grew up in Wilm and my parents are still there.

Al said he used Photoshow2 and if you want, I can send you the song.....MP3 format........ we already have it. Al said to shop online for the photoshow2..he thinks it retails for $39, but thinks you can get it cheaper online. Wish I could send you a copy of our DVD....it really is great!!!!!!! He did an outstanding job. Let me know if you want me to send you the song!!!!

Doreen

I just have to say the response to my initial inquiry has been amazing. It just goes to show that there is nothing you can't find out on these boards! Thanks to you I have downloaded "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and am enjoying it ever so much. Thank you - each of you.

We have all of Iz's CD's - his voice is truly amazing. We have them in our car and play them all the time. He also did a video of his songs which he sang at different locations in the Islands. My DH is Hawaiian and he introduced me the Hawaiian music - I love it.