Loyalty Certificate ??

Princesss

I purchased a certificate for $100 on the Conquest a couple of years ago. It is good for $100 off the price of a cruise plus $75.00 room credit for a 6 day cruise or $100 room credit for a 7 day. I have taken (2) 7 day cruises since that time, and forgot to use the certificate. Last week I reserved a 6 day cruise and called in the certificate #, but they said I would have to have used it for a cruise within 24 months from the date purchsed. I was under the impression there was no time limit & they should be glad I am applying it to a 6 day cruise for only $75 room credit instead of using it for the last 2 cruises I took (all Carnival) in which I would have gotten $75 credit. I hope Carnival is "LOYAL" to me, as they took my $100.00 and have had it a couple of years now & I don't see how they can just keep the money.. I have cruised on Carnival 4 times and have #5 scheduled for November. BTW, the certificate is missing so I do not have it in front of me to read. Anyone ever hear of this 24 month rule ?

We were on the Conquest last year in August. We purchased the future cruise certificate on Aug 29, 2010 and it says at the bottom of the certificate that it is good till aug. 29 2014. Not sure if they have always been valid for 5 years though.

At some point they shortened the time frame to two years. Check your certificate (back or bottom) and see what it says.

My understanding is that after the validity date you can still get the cost of the certificate but not the OBC monies.

At some point they shortened the time frame to two years. Check your certificate (back or bottom) and see what it says.

My understanding is that after the validity date you can still get the cost of the certificate but not the OBC monies.

That seems fair :p

Yours is for sure good for either 4 or 5 years, its too bad you lost it so now you will have to get someone to find it.

If you hadnt lost it you could just read the expiration date on it.

About feb of this year they changed to 2 years.

File for a lost FCC and get the expiration date.

We were on the Conquest last year in August. We purchased the future cruise certificate on Aug 29, 2010 and it says at the bottom of the certificate that it is good till aug. 29 2014. Not sure if they have always been valid for 5 years though.

Aug 2010 to Aug 2014 is 4 years .. not 5.

You got one good for 4 years obviously :D

I got mine on the Conquest also, I think it was in 2009..

Yours is for sure good for either 4 or 5 years, its too bad you lost it so now you will have to get someone to find it.

If you hadnt lost it you could just read the expiration date on it.

About feb of this year they changed to 2 years.

File for a lost FCC and get the expiration date.

I called Carnival last week and got the certificate number, then I called today after booking another cruise so they can apply it. I gave them the number over the phone and I was told all they do is take the information then send it to accounting to be applied :confused:

I called Carnival last week and got the certificate number, then I called today after booking another cruise so they can apply it. I gave them the number over the phone and I was told all they do is take the information then send it to accounting to be applied :confused:

Well then you have already done it.

They should be able to tell from the date it was issued how long it is good for.

Well then you have already done it.

They should be able to tell from the date it was issued how long it is good for.

The same lady that said she sent it to accounting told me she cannot give details or tell me if it is still good. I hope so. It sounds like it should be, because I doubt it has been 4 years. She said it will take @ 48-72 hours, so I shall wait and see !

Aug 2010 to Aug 2014 is 4 years .. not 5.

You got one good for 4 years obviously :D

Oh well, never have been accused of knowing my numbers (Like Jethro does). Glad we used it up for our Sept. cruise. We just booked our 09/17 sailing late last week and had to pay in full at time of booking. They said that if we prefered, they would just add the $100 down payment to the $100 obc. Not bad... get on the ship and have a $200 OBC that only cost me half.

I recieved $100.00 credit for a cruise that was canceled due to Katrina. I didn't notice it had a one year limit and tried use it to book about 18 months later. They said no, I tried for OBC answer was no also. We still went, I love to cruise and Carnival had the best rate even without the credit.

Archived