Buying alcohol on board?

Mr and Mrs C

I thought I remember seeing that if you buy a bottle of alcohol on board the ship's gift store, you can get it on the last night of sailing - am I remembering correctly?

Usually this is the case. I have been on some cruises where they held it until the morning of departure.

I thought I remember seeing that if you buy a bottle of alcohol on board the ship's gift store, you can get it on the last night of sailing - am I remembering correctly?

normally that is the way it is done. There are usually 2 hours (maybe 7 to 9pm) when you pick up your alcohol purchases and take them back to your cabin.

NIta

Last year on the Jewel you had to pick up last night in the gift shop, maybe after 7 p.m. (I'm not sure of exact start time). They did a good job as far as distribution of everyone's stuff. One prior cruise was utter chaos!

There were people complaining but, once they got two people working it, it went fast.

The thing to keep in mind is this: if you want to wait until the last evening to make alcohol purchases you pay with your keycard and off you go - they don't hold it. A lot of people in line had said they wished they had done their purchasing that way. I bought a couple days into the cruise because they were discounting the absolut vodka I bought (something like 2 for $22, not sure). So way out saving a couple of bucks versus getting every last second out of the final sailing day.

Kathy

Last year on the Jewel you had to pick up last night in the gift shop, maybe after 7 p.m. (I'm not sure of exact start time). They did a good job as far as distribution of everyone's stuff. One prior cruise was utter chaos!

There were people complaining but, once they got two people working it, it went fast.

The thing to keep in mind is this: if you want to wait until the last evening to make alcohol purchases you pay with your keycard and off you go - they don't hold it. A lot of people in line had said they wished they had done their purchasing that way. I bought a couple days into the cruise because they were discounting the absolut vodka I bought (something like 2 for $22, not sure). So way out saving a couple of bucks versus getting every last second out of the final sailing day.

Kathy

We had to wait over an hour in line on the last night of our Gem cruise. After much complaining, they started giving out complimentary drinks. I wish I had thought to wait until the last evening to make my purchases.

Archived