Water taxi at port - venice

Mrs Charmin

How easy is it to find a water taxi at the port? Or, is it better to pre-book one? Is it far to walk to get luggage and then find a water taxi? I'm been reading and studying the different threads and I haven't found this answer yet. We plan to take a water taxi to our hotel on the Grand Canal.

Thanks

Norah

I know there is a way to do this, but I need to research more also. I think one of the best places to find this answer is the Trip Advisor. If I reach an expert I will report back.

I plan to book ahead from our hotel to the ship the morning of the cruise... but not sure what we are going to do after the cruise when we need to go from the port.

We took a private water taxi from the airport to the hotel last time and it worked out so great! It really is a decent deal if there are several of you.

Thanks Hylasgirl

Our cruise ends in Venice. We spend one night on board and then we are staying at a hotel for one night. We plan to take a water taxi to the hotel from the port and then take a water taxi the next day from the hotel to the airport.

I've looked at other methods of transportation and decided that I'm not going to stress over it any more and we'll take the water taxis.

There are two of us, but we might be able to share with someone from our Roll Call. I've been looking at maps and pictures on CC, trying to determine where exactly the water taxis would be and how hard it would be to get one.

I appreciate your response.

Norah

Thanks Hylasgirl

Our cruise ends in Venice. We spend one night on board and then we are staying at a hotel for one night. We plan to take a water taxi to the hotel from the port and then take a water taxi the next day from the hotel to the airport.

I've looked at other methods of transportation and decided that I'm not going to stress over it any more and we'll take the water taxis.

There are two of us, but we might be able to share with someone from our Roll Call. I've been looking at maps and pictures on CC, trying to determine where exactly the water taxis would be and how hard it would be to get one.

Norah

This attachment is a screenshot of the Marittima terminal. The yellow pin at the top of the inverted U is the water taxi dock. The GPS coordinates are 45.438131,12.312326 Just copy and paste the numbers with the comma into google maps or google earth and you will be right there. (The green arrow in G maps.)

How hard it would be would depend on how big your ship is and how many disembark at once. As we exited the terminal building, there was a desk with a guy assigning taxis by the licence no. on the taxi. we picked up people to share with at the desk.

If your ship is huge or if there are several at once, expect a bit of a gong show.

1738480565_Screenshot2011-07-26at9_44_03PM.jpg.38b0d5642752e5bf66d0331e7a66c804.jpg

Thanks Hylasgirl

Norah

I think you'll find many on your Roll Call that will gladly share in a ride. Arriving by water taxi is so nice. Check out GoogleMaps like the previous poster suggested. We found the walk from the Solstice to be REALLY close to the water taxi landing. That said, who knows where it will be when we embark.

I will post back when I know more. I think the water taxis should be easy. I know that there are several in our group that want to take a regular taxi to the airport the morning of disembarking, so I need to figure out the regular taxi situation as well.

This attachment is a screenshot of the Marittima terminal. The yellow pin at the top of the inverted U is the water taxi dock. The GPS coordinates are 45.438131,12.312326 Just copy and paste the numbers with the comma into google maps or google earth and you will be right there. (The green arrow in G maps.)

How hard it would be would depend on how big your ship is and how many disembark at once. As we exited the terminal building, there was a desk with a guy assigning taxis by the licence no. on the taxi. we picked up people to share with at the desk.

If your ship is huge or if there are several at once, expect a bit of a gong show.

Thanks for the coordinates. They worked perfectly. That pin is where several things were happening when we were there in June. That is where the Agulina (sp) bus line arrived. We didn't even know anything about that bus until after our day was over. I didn't see any private water taxis at that point... they were further west... by where the bow of the Celebrity ship is in this photo. It will be interesting to see where everything is next year.

We took water taxis both to and from the cruise terminal in May. Going to the ship, we first went to the regular taxi stop, but then were sent to another one set up closer to our ship. On our return, we were walking toward that "temporary" spot, only to be told to walk the other direction toward the "regular" spot. We stopped during our walk at one of the booths set up and prebooked/prepaid on our way down to the floating taxi dock, and only had to wait a few minutes once we were there - loading before several people who were waiting. When you stop and prepay, you are given a taxi number - when your taxi arrives, you jump on and go.

Robin

Thanks so much. This is very helpful. I knew I could count on my CC friends! We are sailing on the Star Princess on September 27th Barcelona to Venice.

Do you think it would be possible to pre-book a taxi for the next day to go to the airport from our hotel at one of these booths at the pier? Or, how easy is it to get one from a hotel?

Norah

Thanks so much. This is very helpful. I knew I could count on my CC friends! We are sailing on the Star Princess on September 27th Barcelona to Venice.

Do you think it would be possible to pre-book a taxi for the next day to go to the airport from our hotel at one of these booths at the pier? Or, how easy is it to get one from a hotel?

Norah

Your hotel will do it. Should be about 100 euros. Ask your concierge if there is someone to share with.

I pre-reserved for my watertaxis; airport to St Marks, and from St Marks to port. IMHO the better of the two rides was from airport to St. Marks.

If I was to do it over again I'd not pre-reserve as they seemd to be available everywhere, just be aware of the going rate. Seems if they can take advantage of you they will.

How easy is it to find a water taxi at the port? Or, is it better to pre-book one? Is it far to walk to get luggage and then find a water taxi? I'm been reading and studying the different threads and I haven't found this answer yet. We plan to take a water taxi to our hotel on the Grand Canal.

Thanks

Norah

Mapleleaves - I've saved that site and I've been studying it. Lots of great information there.

Hylasgirl - wow - what a beautiful video. It sounds like a lot of money, but what a way to arrive and leave Venice! I'm going to have my camera ready.

Thanks again.

Norah

Mapleleaves - I've saved that site and I've been studying it. Lots of great information there.

Hylasgirl - wow - what a beautiful video. It sounds like a lot of money, but what a way to arrive and leave Venice! I'm going to have my camera ready.

Thanks again.

Norah

Worth every penny! When you arrive the airport the rate is the going rate. NO need to worry about the charge. We offered the driver a nice tip if he would take us up the entire grand canal and he did :D

Archived