meds

msshawn

They wouldnt check them, but its always recommended you bring them in their original containers. I got caught in Ike and they were not sure when they would bring us back. I was in Cozumel overnight waiting, so we wound up spending almost $200 in cash to get a extra week's worth of seizure meds. We would not have been able to do it if not for the original containers.

They wouldnt check them, but its always recommended you bring them in their original containers. I got caught in Ike and they were not sure when they would bring us back. I was in Cozumel overnight waiting, so we wound up spending almost $200 in cash to get a extra week's worth of seizure meds. We would not have been able to do it if not for the original containers.

Can they check them? Yes. Will they? Probably not. But we were a random search and had all our bags checked and they did check pill bottles. IMO if is a heavy duty medication like pain killers or something you can't live without, carry it in the originals. If its vitamins or something that wont matter if its taken use the day container.

In addition to Firefly's advice above, if something happens to you, it's best to have your medicine in a labeled container. My mom went into diabetic shock at my house and was taken to the ER. She was visiting from out of state and had all her meds in one bottle. Took the nurse and I forever to figure out what they all were. (of course, it didn't help that she had both orange and white tic tacs in there too!)

firefly's advice is sound. That said, I always count out 7 days of my prescription meds and then add three days additional supply. I put them into two zip lock bags - one for morning meds and one for bedtime meds. The only exception I make is for my narcotic pain medication. I always take those meds in their original container. In 19 cruises, I've never had my bags of medications questioned, and that includes TSA and their predecessors.

I put my pills for the week in a weekly pill container, but then brought the rest of the pills in their original bottles. Didn't take up that much more room and I felt comfortable that if I needed them they were there, and if questioned, I had the orig bottles to prove what they were and that I had a right to them.

When I get my pills from the pharmacy there's usually a label stapled to the bag. This label peels off and I stick it on the bottom of my pill container. It has the same information as on the pill bottle (name of med and how many mgs.), and the RX#. I just take my pill container with the most current stickers.

I always take my meds in the original prescription bottles and put them in my carry-on bag. I have never checked them in only because being the non trusting person that I am, I would not want anyone going through my luggage and deciding that they would like to help themselves to some of whatever I have. :eek:

my meds both ways.......I leave a weeks worth in original bottles. Then I take an old pill bottle without a label and take a weeks worth all in that bottle [ I alway take this one off the ship with me, just never know. I also print out a list of my meds...how to take them etc then I take clear wraping tape and enclose it]. I carry that on me at all times.

Archived