Early morning breakfast?

bakery

We'll be on the Emerald next month, and we arrive in many of the ports at 7:00. But I'm sure I read that breakfast isn't served until 7:30. Is there earlier service on these days? Hopefully we won't have to miss all those breakfasts....

The buffet should be in operation, the MDR may not. The IC should also be open.

We'll be on the Emerald next month, and we arrive in many of the ports at 7:00. But I'm sure I read that breakfast isn't served until 7:30. Is there earlier service on these days? Hopefully we won't have to miss all those breakfasts....

Usually, the dining room opens at 7:30am on sea days, 7:00am on port days. The buffet has a continental breakfast from 4:00-6:00am, a full breakfast from 6:00am-11:30am. Plus, there's room service.

Don't forget that while the ship arrives in port at 7am, it probably won't be cleared for disembarkation by the local authorities until 7:30am or later. Check the shore excursions for the port to see which times the earliest Princess tour leaves. That's a pretty good indication as to what time you'll be able to disembark.

Usually, the dining room opens at 7:30am on sea days, 7:00am on port days. The buffet has a continental breakfast from 4:00-6:00am, a full breakfast from 6:00am-11:30am. Plus, there's room service.

Don't forget that while the ship arrives in port at 7am, it probably won't be cleared for disembarkation by the local authorities until 7:30am or later. Check the shore excursions for the port to see which times the earliest Princess tour leaves. That's a pretty good indication as to what time you'll be able to disembark.

We have a port on our next cruise where arrival is at 6:00 AM and the shore excursion is scheduled at 6:30 which means meeting for the excursion by 6:15. It will be interesting to see what the breakfast hours will be that day. (and no IC on that ship)

We have a port on our next cruise where arrival is at 6:00 AM and the shore excursion is scheduled at 6:30 which means meeting for the excursion by 6:15. It will be interesting to see what the breakfast hours will be that day. (and no IC on that ship)
I've had that quite a few times and never went hungry. :) As I remember, docking in Alexandria and leaving for Cairo is even earlier. I'm pretty sure they adjust the dining times.

I've had that quite a few times and never went hungry. :) As I remember, docking in Alexandria and leaving for Cairo is even earlier. I'm pretty sure they adjust the dining times.

When we docked in Alexandria at 7, the dining room had breakfast from 6-8:30 and the Horizon Court starting at 5:30 AM.

When we have arrived early in any port, they have made sure that the breakfast hours for dining are available about an hour before arriving. So, I don't think you will have any problem at all getting breakfast before leaving the ship. ;)

We had those early port calls on the Emerald on our recent Baltic cruise. The buffet, room service, and the IC were all available. I think the IC opened at 6:30 for food service. It got busier towards the end of the cruise as more people discovered it was complimentary. ;)

Also of note - they've added a hot selection to room service breakfast, the egg and cheese English muffin sandwich. So, that's another option.

Archived