Qm2 Hamburg to Southampton

hansol1966

We have booked a 2 nt trip on the QM2 from Hamburg to Southampton with a few days in Hamburg before. We are also taking our three twenty something lads plus one girlfriend. After showing youtube videos of QM2 leaving Hamburg (Amazing) plus other internal videos their interest has been heightened.

My question is on this short trip which is part of larger voyages what would be the dresscode on both nights. My sons girlfriend (sorry fiance) will be dressing up both nights whatever. Also are there shows/acts on both nights as i can remember on a transatlantic the first night was more of a get together.

Is room service served when you embark and is it available say if you leave G32 early morning on your last day..Purely for my retrobates....

Thankyou Fred.

First and last nights are usually elegant casual because it makes it easier to deal with arriving/departing luggage handling for those who are joining/departing. I think that accounts for most or all of the nights on this short cruise, doesn't it? :)

Last time I was on a Hamburg to Southampton trip it was casual followed by semi formal. I noticed at least one group of young people formally dressed on the first night night and they were far from out of place and were having great time.

I can't answer your room service question, when I'm in early morning reprobate mode the King's Court is my port of call, it will certainly be open if room service can't supply.

As for shows again I'm no expert but expect it will be treated in the main as an nine night crossing, so intros could be on night one followed by a regular show the following evening.

M-AR

Sorry just to confuse the matter this tiny segment is night 17-18 of a 25 nt Grand Northern Adventure and night 10-11 of a Northern Adventure.

On our Transatlantic crossings on the QM2 and QE2 it was easier to keep track of the dress arrangements, with this short trip giving our lads something a bit different than festivals and Ibiza. I am quite surprised how excited they are.

Fred.

Archived