Buffet at night

KellyJ

Looking at the Fun Times/Capers for the ship the Lido Buffet is open between 6-9 p.m.

I have never been on Carnival but want to book soon. What does the Lido Buffet serve at night? Is it the same menu as the dining room- or can you let me know what is offered?

Seems like a strange question, but on Princess and HAL they serve the same menu at the buffet and the MDR?

Looking at the Fun Times/Capers for the ship the Lido Buffet is open between 6-9 p.m.

I have never been on Carnival but want to book soon. What does the Lido Buffet serve at night? Is it the same menu as the dining room- or can you let me know what is offered?

Seems like a strange question, but on Princess and HAL they serve the same menu at the buffet and the MDR?

Each dinner menu on the buffet has some but not all items on the MDR menu.

You can look at the dinner menus later in the afternoon. There are also some postings around with the seven day menus posted but that is for the MDR.

The items served on the Lido Deck buffet are VERY similar to those served in the MDR with the possible exception of the lobster and prime rib served on the Elegant evenings.

I do believe the choice of deserts is quite a bit better on the Lido Deck than the MDR. However, you can not get espresso or cappuccino for free on the Lido as you can in the MDR.

:)

Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to know if I wanted to get the MDR goodies, but didn't feel like/have time/or had activities planned to get dressed to go to the MDR I could check to see what the buffet has.

I think all of the lines are different. You can call on HAL during dinner time and have anything on the MDR menu even brought to you from room service.

Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to know if I wanted to get the MDR goodies, but didn't feel like/have time/or had activities planned to get dressed to go to the MDR I could check to see what the buffet has.

I think all of the lines are different. You can call on HAL during dinner time and have anything on the MDR menu even brought to you from room service.

Yeah, the room service menu on Carnival is a little slim... Here it is:

carnivalroomservice_247-002resized.jpg

carnivalroomservice_247-001resized.jpg

:)

Thanks Host Mach. Knew I couldn't get the full menu through Room Service, but wanted another option in case DH and I had other plans.

That is a very nice feature on HAL though-especially if one of your tablemates shows up with a cold and you catch it....ARRGH! But that is another story.

No lobster in the buffet, that would be the one thing that I would go to the MDR for.

But they do carve Prime Rib on the Cruise Elegant night.

The buffet menu is posted about 1/2 hour before service starts. The MDR menu is posted late at night (for the next day) or early in the morning either on the cabin tv or at the entrance to the MDR. I usually look at both, then decide where I will eat.

There is usually several appetizers and main course items that are the same. I have found some of the food to be better at the buffet than in the MDR.

Also, the salad bar, pizza station and deli are open. At the pizza station you can also get Caesar salad and garlic bread.

Archived