Am I the only one who doesn't find the drinks onboard to be over priced?

shayelle

When I go on a cruise I am paying for the privledge to pay higher prices for drinks. When I want to drink cheaper I can always stay at home and drink with those that aren't fortunate enough to cruise. I am sure that they would be willing to pay the higher prices if given the opportunity.

What a load of rubbish. When has it become a privilege to pay higher prices!!!!

Jim

did i read right...$6 for a beer? i find that a little high. i don't mind paying for mixed drinks as long as i can actually taste the alcohol. RC, princess and carnival's drink prices were very reasonable. going on a 7 day cruise i don't mind, but we are going on a 12 day cruise so it does add up. i plan on bringing my own wine. can you bring 2 of the larger sized bottles?

What are the actual prices of the drinks? do they have a drink of the day?

The last time I had a drink in Swaledale, two dogs were under the table, a cat jumped up on the barstool next to me and a sheep walked by the window...the beer my husband ordered was reasonably priced, but the bartender/tendress said she couldn't make a Kir Royale ;)

In Swaledale she probably couldn't spell it either. :rolleyes:

But not only did you get a reasonably priced beer, you also got the cabaret as well. ;)

How many people would prefer to return to the days when the cost of incidentals, such as liquor, cost less but the cruise fares were substantially higher than they currently are?

I personally would like something in between where the cruise fare is slightly higher than it is now but included more such as wine with dinner, a choice of restaurants, no fees for activities, etc.

Archived