Is there any way I can request small aminities before sailing?

knitwitt44

This is a stupid question but is there anyway I can contact the Hotel Director for small aminities in a non suite cabin before sailing? I am booked for an outside room and even though I am platimum, I didn't received face soap or lotions or shower cap for the bath. I do receive them upon request but it would be nice to have them in my room before boarding. Also can we get a flat wine instead of the sparkling wine? Is there anyway I can request this before sailing?

Sorry for the dumb question.

This is a stupid question but is there anyway I can contact the Hotel Director for small aminities in a non suite cabin before sailing? I am booked for an outside room and even though I am platimum, I didn't received face soap or lotions or shower cap for the bath. I do receive them upon request but it would be nice to have them in my room before boarding. Also can we get a flat wine instead of the sparkling wine? Is there anyway I can request this before sailing?

Many have suggested on other threads to ask your TA or PCC to change the wine.

As for the amenities, if they are important to you, take your own from home. That covers you in case your request is not granted.

I'm not sure about face soap, but generally balcony or better cabins have all these amenities standard in their cabins. With all the madness on turnaround day for the cabin stewards, I'm not sure they would get the message on Day 1. If simply asking for it once onboard works, I would continue to do this.

Another way to pick up amenities is at your hotel if you stay pre-cruise. We always fly to our departure point and stay overnight. Many hotels will offer shower caps, razors, lotion, etc but not enough to last a full week. I have a preferred facial wash and lotion so I don't use what is offered onboard/at the hotel.

Since the soap stuff should already be there, calling ahead does not make sense. In the event it is not there, just ask the steward. Same if the towels are not there, or water glass, or chair, etc. Personally, we always take a bar of soap that we prefer, and our own shampoo.

As to the wine, yes, do that in advance.

Not really a dumb question...

As has been mentioned, a request to your TA or NCL PCC should be able to take care of getting the wine switched before your cruise.

Two methods to handle the small cabin amenities:

1) Contact the Group Event Coordinator for your ship via email. Their email addresses all use the same format, so for example, if you are sailing on the Gem, the address would be groupeventgem@ncl.com. You should put the date of your sailing in the subject line of your email.

2) Another good place to ask....since you are a platinum latitudes member, is NCL's Latitude Desk. I don't have the info handy, but I believe you can find both a phone number and an email address for them on the NCL website.

Shower caps were in the spa shower room on the SUN, I imagine they would be there on the other ships as well.

Shampoo and body wash is already in the cabin in the dispenser in the shower, there is liquid soap in the dispenser by the sink.

No need to bring your own stuff.

Archived