Activities available on port days

bocatraveler09

Yes they are and the spa usually has some specials on port days, so check those out. They should be printed in the paper the night before, if not, just call and ask the spa what specials they have for the day.

No sea days is quite a port intensive trip!!! My roommate and I usually declare our own port day if we have been to a port before. Gives us the much needed rest after running everyday sightseeing. After our "self-proclaimed port day" was feel rejuvenated and can start with the sightseeing again.

Have a wonderful trip.

Bobi

Yes they are and the spa usually has some specials on port days, so check those out. They should be printed in the paper the night before, if not, just call and ask the spa what specials they have for the day.

Is it possible to book port day spa appointments at those special prices prior to boarding the ship, or if not then, then as soon as one boards the ship?

Also, does the salon have special prices, too, eg. for haircuts and styling, manicures, etc.

No sea days is quite a port intensive trip!!! My roommate and I usually declare our own port day if we have been to a port before. Gives us the much needed rest after running everyday sightseeing. After our "self-proclaimed port day" was feel rejuvenated and can start with the sightseeing again.

That's exactly what I had in mind! A "self-proclaimed" day on board if we didn't feel the need to run around all day. Thanks.

Is it possible to book port day spa appointments at those special prices prior to boarding the ship, or if not then, then as soon as one boards the ship?

Also, does the salon have special prices, too, eg. for haircuts and styling, manicures, etc.

The Special prices are usually not offered upon embarkation, unless Canyon Ranch has some sort of special going, in which case it may be booked in advance of sailing.

The Spa managers manipulate the on-board sale prices in order to "fill in" time slots that are, shall we say, less popular than prime time, so the first of those Sales are not usually offered until after day three. Then again, we've never been on an Oceania cruise of less than twelve days, so perhaps on the shorter itineraries the spa will open the sales more quickly.

You can depend on there being a sale, but the services offered can be quixotic; one cruise it will be mostly manicures and pedicures, another cruise massage will take center stage. I assume that has to do with staffing.

The key is to strike while the iron is hot. The specials are offered and withdrawn fairly quickly. Don't wait and assume that a better deal will come later. Many times, especially during the last week, the Spa reaches the point where they are 100% booked.

According to Stans' Aunt Joan, who is 85 and very fond of a dollar, the hair stylist prices are quite reasonable, even before any discounts.

The Special prices are usually not offered upon embarkation, unless Canyon Ranch has some sort of special going, in which case it may be booked in advance of sailing.

The Spa managers manipulate the on-board sale prices in order to "fill in" time slots that are, shall we say, less popular than prime time, so the first of those Sales are not usually offered until after day three. Then again, we've never been on an Oceania cruise of less than twelve days, so perhaps on the shorter itineraries the spa will open the sales more quickly.

You can depend on there being a sale, but the services offered can be quixotic; one cruise it will be mostly manicures and pedicures, another cruise massage will take center stage. I assume that has to do with staffing.

The key is to strike while the iron is hot. The specials are offered and withdrawn fairly quickly. Don't wait and assume that a better deal will come later. Many times, especially during the last week, the Spa reaches the point where they are 100% booked.

According to Stans' Aunt Joan, who is 85 and very fond of a dollar, the hair stylist prices are quite reasonable, even before any discounts.

Thanks much, though I was hoping that there might be some sort of embarkation specials.

Archived