Sea Princess 7/19 Sailing - Alaska Cruise Review

nycruiser80

I guess I'm lucky, as my parents were PFLAG types. When I cruised with my mother, she wore a little pink triangle pin. And she told me of hearing antigay stuff from tablemates on another cruise and giving them what-for. "My son is gay," she said, "and I love him and his partner very much." You go, Mom!

Now THAT'S a mom! Please count me among her many (I'm certain) fans. I would say that you're lucky, but, no, that's the way it should be.

...having seen some of the patters from sea princess this season in alaska it seems that they consistently include the glbt events.... obviously we have come long way and although it is not always consistent there is definitely progress and recognition from the cruise lines of the fact that diversity is important to their bottom line! ;)

Yep, I was on the Sea Princess for the July 19 sailing and they certainly listed glbt meetings in the patters. They still referred to aa meetings as Friends of Bill W. meetings.

What a nice review !

We are taking our first PCL cruise in Sept.--this itin. We have been to Alaska before, but it's the whole SF/PCL/Alaska experience that is exciting for us.

I am going to order an eggcrate mattress topper because I understand PCL beds are not like HAL beds. :)

I think if you cruise with the mindset that each cruise/line has something different, you will have a good time.

Thanx again.

Pat

What a nice review !

We are taking our first PCL cruise in Sept.--this itin. We have been to Alaska before, but it's the whole SF/PCL/Alaska experience that is exciting for us.

I am going to order an eggcrate mattress topper because I understand PCL beds are not like HAL beds. :)

I think if you cruise with the mindset that each cruise/line has something different, you will have a good time.

Thanx again.

Pat

Enjoy! Thats what was appealing to me as well SF, Princess and of course AK. Sea Princess is a fine ship I'm sure you will like her. While I have my criticisms and preferences in cruise lines I do like to try all the lines - that I could afford of course!

I thought the beds weren't that bad. The 1st night I thought it seemed a little "mushy" but I got used to it. Yes, HAL and Royal Caribbean beds from my experience have been the best so far. Have a great cruise!

Archived