Cruise Critic request Hosts ???

Princesss

I was just reading the thread of what not to forget or ideas of what to pack, and I was thinking it would be a good idea if we could have a thread like that posted on top that stays there and people can just add to it. I saw so many ideas, I don't want to forget when I am going on my cruise.. I know it would be really helpful for newbies and everyone else & that way, the experienced cruisers with good ideas don't need to keep posting the same thing, just one time and it will stay there.. everything all in one thread. We can even search the most recent or large threads and put them all under one heading

The problem is where do you stop with stickies.. you dont want the whole first page filled with nothing but stickies.

You think packing lists should be stickies .. someone else said those postcards that people post about getting, should be stickies since someone starts a new thread almost daily, the next person ..etc.

everyone has their own idea of what is so important, everyone should have to scroll past it every time they come here.

I didnt mean to say it mean .. I just think what everyone thinks is important the next person doesnt.... would be hard to decide. Luckily its not my job. Im a haphazard person and pack last minute no list. Never had a reason to want a list, even when I was new, I never was the organized type.

and to add what Firefly said ..if all of the answers where posted and easy to get at then there would be no need for the regulars to come here and spread the gossip ...so to speak...and then i would not have anything to do on a Saturday afternoon...;)

You can also bookmark your favourite threads, so you can find them easily when you need to :)

Iv got several bookmarked, like the one with the age breakdowns on booking a cabin rules. I do this all the time.

Im going to cruise out of Tampa for the first time next spring for the two little Jewels, and just started to look at hotels, and bookmarked a couple of those yesterday.

Some good resources on here, just gotta hunt.

Archived