Price reductions for sold out categories?

Ok this may be a really dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway since I have only been on one cruise and need to learn these things!

I have a PT category room (R12) booked on the Fascination to the Bahamas on 12/10/11. At the time I booked the room it was the cheapest category on the ship and I got my room for $418 + tax (Solo rate on Early Saver). Now I see that the cheapest interior 1A is going for $398 + tax. Since the PT category now seems to be sold out would I be eligible for this $20 reduction or would I look like a total idiot asking my TA such a crazy question?

Please enlighten me!

~Helen~

Ok this may be a really dumb question, but I am going to ask it anyway since I have only been on one cruise and need to learn these things!

I have a PT category room (R12) booked on the Fascination to the Bahamas on 12/10/11. At the time I booked the room it was the cheapest category on the ship and I got my room for $418 + tax (Solo rate on Early Saver). Now I see that the cheapest interior 1A is going for $398 + tax. Since the PT category now seems to be sold out would I be eligible for this $20 reduction or would I look like a total idiot asking my TA such a crazy question?

Please enlighten me!

~Helen~

Never a dumb question. If you want to upgrade to a higher category you should get that PLUS the 20.00 price reduction since you are not at final payment.

Never a dumb question. If you want to upgrade to a higher category you should get that PLUS the 20.00 price reduction since you are not at final payment.

OP doesnt want to upgrade, she wants to price match to a lower category.

OP maybe some PTs will come available so you can price match? Im in a sold out 1A, so I cant price match either on my Triumph.

Just gotta keep watching.

OP doesnt want to upgrade, she wants to price match to a lower category.

OP maybe some PTs will come available so you can price match? Im in a sold out 1A, so I cant price match either on my Triumph.

Just gotta keep watching.

How do you know they don't want to upgrade??? They just said they booked the cheapest.

How do you know they don't want to upgrade??? They just said they booked the cheapest.

Carnival shows starting from prices for 4A which is the same as PT, they dont show the 1A prices unless you dig. Maybe so they dont have to warn people it may not be two twins on the floor and get complaints.

Reread their post. They said they booked a PT, which is now sold out and want to price match to a 1A. .. Most people on here know a 1A is a lower category. .. PT could have been the cheapest when they booked, but its not the lowest category.

What is PT????

PT is porthole category, it was 5A at one time, then the same as the insides, now they pulled out all the cabins with port holes that have two twins and call them PTs (portholes).

Its a great bargain as it is now priced.

Archived