Up sell Fairy?

ALEX122495

Does anyone know if the up sell fairy only calls if you booked through Carnival? Do they ever call anyone who books through a TA? If you book through a TA and they do call, do they call you or your TA?

Also how close to your cruise do they usually call? 7 days out , 5 days etc:confused:?

carnival will not deal directly with you when you are booed using a private agency.

You can have your agent mark your booking that you are will to upgrade.

you can check prices on your upcoming cruise to see whats available above the category you booked to see if anything is of interest to you- then call the agent to see about upgrading

Hi there,

We are going on our first Carnival Cruise in September.......only a few weeks away now!

We got a call last week from Carnival asking if we would like to upgrade to a Grand Suite, we already have an Ocean Suite booked, so we declined. I was shocked they called, first time that has ever happened in 8 cruises!

My hubby said if it's "free" we'll go for it...hahaha....yeah right!

Gail

Comet Cruiser

The timing can vary. When we sailed on Miracle in 2009, we got the call a couple of months out - upgrade from two connecting balcony cabins to two adjoining (but not connecting) ocean suites for an additional $500 for four of us. we went for that one. Next call was for Conquest in 2010, two days before sailing. We had an aft wrap and next-door balcony booked and they offered us a grand suite for the four of us for an additional $500. That wasn't worth it for us, since we specifically booked the aft wrap for the balcony. However, a few hours later they called back with a deal to switch to the grand suite with our sons' cruise fares being credited to us as OBC. That one made (at least financial) sense, so we went for it.

In both cases, I believe our upsell offers were based on the cabins we had booked. I figure someone who wanted to sail on Miracle really wanted that connecting door between the balcony cabins, and someone on Conquest really wanted that aft wrap.

I emailed my PVP today because for my Sept 15th cruise on Destiny, not one prce drop.....so I was bored last night....I don't know how mnay rooms I counted....by I am in an 8C balcony....there aare LOADS of rooms below me still available....not to mention quite a few suites.....this will be my 5th carnival cruise...my 6th in in December....I emailed him to see how likely I might get upgraded.....sure, there are probably lots of Platinum's ahead of me, but I am not about to sit by and let some 1st timer get upgraded when I can if I ask....may not happen, but at least I asked....I have a hard time they will fill all of those empty rooms in 45 days and if they upgrade me they can sell my room.....

Has anyone ever done this?

I emailed my PVP today because for my Sept 15th cruise on Destiny, not one prce drop.....so I was bored last night....I don't know how mnay rooms I counted....by I am in an 8C balcony....there aare LOADS of rooms below me still available....not to mention quite a few suites.....this will be my 5th carnival cruise...my 6th in in December....I emailed him to see how likely I might get upgraded.....sure, there are probably lots of Platinum's ahead of me, but I am not about to sit by and let some 1st timer get upgraded when I can if I ask....may not happen, but at least I asked....I have a hard time they will fill all of those empty rooms in 45 days and if they upgrade me they can sell my room.....

Has anyone ever done this?

I was told the reason they called me for the upgrade was because I will be celebrating a "milestone" birthday while onboard, and yes it's over 50!

Don't forget everyone is a "first timer" now and then.....but I'm sure you weren't directing your "some first timer" comment at me ;)

Happy cruising everyone!

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Archived