Can I give some praise to the staff on the Star Princess??

Scrapchick

Now you have me very scared! Me and my nine year old daughter are on this cruise next (Wed. Aug.10). We are spending some time in Paris before the cruise and then the morning of the cruise we are flying from Paris to Rome with a short stop in Frankfurt - on guess what airline???? Is there anything I should do beforehand (besides packing everything for 12 nights into a carry on), to help be sure my bags arrive.

See? Now this is the kind of service I like. I'm new to cruising, but not new to traveling...I've been "stuck" (lost baggage, flights cancelled, etc) plenty of times and usually it's where I'm being accomodated that helps out the most. I was on another cruiseline back in '08 when I got the news that my dad had passed. The cruiseline went above and beyond (even threw their weight around with airlines) to get me home, and were so completely dear - my steward leaving fresh flowers and little notes in my cabin every day and the Captain personally offering me condolences.

I'm sailing Venice - Barcelona on 8/8 on the Ruby and while I really hope no one in my family dies, it's nice to know I'll be with a cruiseline where I'll be taken care of in any kind of emergency.

Nice of you to post props - especially for us newbies who like to know that they're in good hands! Thanks!

In 2008 we did the Hawaii to Tahiti cruise with Princess. Unfortunately, my Dad left his back pack at the hotel. Of course it had all his medication etc in it. We realized it was forgotten as we were boarding. My parents went to the Pursers desk when we got on board to ask if they could call the hotel to see if it was still there and we would just grab a taxi. Well, I tell you, we were totally shocked. the back pack beat us on board. The hotel found it (my Dad had put a Princess luggage tag on it) & called Princess, who got in touch with the ship & the ship had one of their personnel drive over & pick it up.

Now THAT is customer service!!! Princess shines again!!

I was on that cruise and remember hearing that story. Back then the ship was named the Tahitian Princess. My wife and I were on that cruise again this year, but on the Royal Princess.

Now you have me very scared! Me and my nine year old daughter are on this cruise next (Wed. Aug.10). We are spending some time in Paris before the cruise and then the morning of the cruise we are flying from Paris to Rome with a short stop in Frankfurt - on guess what airline???? Is there anything I should do beforehand (besides packing everything for 12 nights into a carry on), to help be sure my bags arrive.

Hopefully you will be fine... But given Lufthansa's track record with my bags, I would never assume my bags would make it...

My best advice... Pack 2-3 days clothes in your hand carry, a swimsuit and something to sleep in, a few toiletries and hope for the best... You can wear one thing while the other is being laundered. You can always buy a fresh shirt or make up on board, but there's nothing for kids, so plan for your DD. Use a carry on for DD as well and put whatever you can in that.

The crucial thing to do is take a copy of the itinerary with you, to give to FlightCare Services at Rome airport when you report a missing bag. They need to know where the ship will be and when. You MUST file a report at the airport... It's the best way to get a case file started and the tracking process started.

When you get to the ship, go and talk to Andreia the Purser as soon as you board and she will take it from there. She has been absolutely brilliant helping us and we got all our bags today in Athens, five days after we landed in Rome.

Hopefully you will be absolutely fine... But if not, this is what you need to do.

Good luck! The Star is a lovely ship and the staff are wonderful. The kids club is very large and my 10 year old DD is having a brilliant time, even more so now her swimsuit is here...

Hopefully you will be fine... But given Lufthansa's track record with my bags, I would never assume my bags would make it...

My best advice... Pack 2-3 days clothes in your hand carry, a swimsuit and something to sleep in, a few toiletries and hope for the best... You can wear one thing while the other is being laundered. You can always buy a fresh shirt or make up on board, but there's nothing for kids, so plan for your DD. Use a carry on for DD as well and put whatever you can in that.

The crucial thing to do is take a copy of the itinerary with you, to give to FlightCare Services at Rome airport when you report a missing bag. They need to know where the ship will be and when. You MUST file a report at the airport... It's the best way to get a case file started and the tracking process started.

When you get to the ship, go and talk to Andreia the Purser as soon as you board and she will take it from there. She has been absolutely brilliant helping us and we got all our bags today in Athens, five days after we landed in Rome.

Hopefully you will be absolutely fine... But if not, this is what you need to do.

Good luck! The Star is a lovely ship and the staff are wonderful. The kids club is very large and my 10 year old DD is having a brilliant time, even more so now her swimsuit is here...

I'm so glad you recieved your luggage and you and DD are having a good time. Great advice about what to do if your luggage gets lost. DH and I always pack our carry on with a couple of days worth of clothes when we travel overseas.

kaerofan, We flew Luftansa through Frankfurt in May and our luggage arrived fine so they don't loss everyones luggage. Just be prepared and hope for the best.

I will be more than happy to do that.

Hey Scrapchick

You can write to LISA mCdaniel at yield Management at Princess She will forward it to the right people

On ship Do write to HOTEL Manager and Captain to reward the person who helped you

Have a rest of a GREAT cruise

See you on Silly WET ...love that name

Michele

PRAY ...identify it clearly with itinerary inside and outside Try to find a luggage tag that closes with a snap slip in your adress Telephonre number and ship and itinerary in it

GOOD LUCK

Michele

I was on that cruise and remember hearing that story. Back then the ship was named the Tahitian Princess. My wife and I were on that cruise again this year, but on the Royal Princess.

That is awesome you heard the story. It was a wonderful cruise.

Good news that Scrapchick got the luggage.

Archived