Can I give some praise to the staff on the Star Princess??

Scrapchick

We are currently on the Star, minus all four of our bags, which failed to make it to our final destination of Rome on Friday night (3rd time in a row Lufthansa has done this to us now flying into Rome... never again...)

We flew into Rome as we booked the cruise last minute and knew we would have to drive to Venice to met the ship. We reported our bags missing at Rome and waited for the next two flights from Munich hoping they would arrive. We finally left Rome in a rental car and drove all night to Venice, not knowing if we could even board the ship as we had missed the midnight deadline. We arrived at 5AM, exhausted, stressed and fed up.

Security staff let us board immediately, and when they learnt about our missing bags, told us to talk to the purser. I went to the front desk at 6AM and reported the situation with our bags. They were just fantastic. They took a full report and said they would trace the bags and call the airlines, offered us toiletries kits, formal wear to borrow, said they would do our laundry every morning and return it within a couple of hours so we had clean clothes... I've talked to the purser regularly and found out today the bags have finally been located and will be sent to Athens for our arrival in three days time. We can gut it through till then.

I dreaded Lufthansa losing our bags again so packed one extra day's clothes for myself and my 10 year old daughter imy hand carry, probably the smartest thing I ever did. We can just about function. There is nothing on the ship I can get for her.

All I can do is praise the Princess staff for how they have helped and cared. The purser has been amazing, the girl in the perfume store helped me with new toiletries and make up. None of this is the fault of Princess, but they have really gone out of their way to help us in any way they can, and that kind of service is why we keep going back to them.

Anyway, it will all go on the comment card, but I wanted to post this and say how fantastic the crew has been to us and how grateful we are.

Now Lufthansa... If only there was a board for them so I could tell you how I feel about that airline.... Never, never again!

were another one who will sail continually with princess for that same reason .we were on star when she caught fire and the staff were tremendous kept passengers calm and couldn,t do enough for us when we disembarked in jamacia.princess returned all our costs and some .good old princess always going that step further

We are currently on the Star, minus all four of our bags, which failed to make it to our final destination of Rome on Friday night (3rd time in a row Lufthansa has done this to us now flying into Rome... never again...)

All I can do is praise the Princess staff for how they have helped and cared. The purser has been amazing, the girl in the perfume store helped me with new toiletries and make up. None of this is the fault of Princess, but they have really gone out of their way to help us in any way they can, and that kind of service is why we keep going back to them.

Anyway, it will all go on the comment card, but I wanted to post this and say how fantastic the crew has been to us and how grateful we are.

Now Lufthansa... If only there was a board for them so I could tell you how I feel about that airline.... Never, never again!

Good to hear how Princess helped out in this situation.

I'm assuming you had air booked with Princess?

Do they do anything for people who book their own air?

If you have the Princess insurance, will they help then? If not, again I would guess we'd be on our own?

Would like to know for sure......

Thanks.

A few years ago, on another ship we experienced the same situation. Instead of going to Copenhagen all our luggage went to Tokyo. Princess delivered the same service to us. I think they do a better job than the airlines. BTW, we had booked our own air so apparently it doesn't matter to them. I echo the accolades for Princess. We received our luggage three days later in Dover, delivered right to our door. :) oh yes, Princess insurance covered the cost for clothing we had to buy.

We booked our own air. I don't think it matters who made the arrangements. The purser is dealing with 9 other cabins as well in the same situation and this seems to be the norm for most cruises, she said.

Anyway, can't praise Princess enough for caring and helping... Lufthansa customer service is completely non existent and I don't know what we would do if the purser had not stepped in.

Princess rocks.....

Since you are still onboard, fill out the "You Made A Differece" cards (available at the Purser's Desk) for the individuals who helped you so much. These cards really help them in job performance reviews.

Also, when you get home, I suggest a letter of praise sent to upper Princess management to give those who helped you even more recognition for their kindness.

Since you are still onboard, fill out the "You Made A Differece" cards (available at the Purser's Desk) for the individuals who helped you so much. These cards really help them in job performance reviews.

Also, when you get home, I suggest a letter of praise sent to upper Princess management to give those who helped you even more recognition for their kindness.

I will be more than happy to do that.

Hi

Dh and I were on the Star last month. One morning we had breakfast with very nice lady who also had lost luggage. She also said the crew had been fantastic. Not only did they help her find her bags, but they were able to mend the big gash that was on BOTH :eek: of them.

I will try to do a review, though bear in mind I'm not in the best frame of mind and not feeling terribly social, so I'm missing some entertainment.

Bags update... The four cases are now in control of the Princess rep and were sent to Mykonos for collection in three days time. Athens is very unstable right now because of industrial action so we have to wait another day. We'll have no luggage for half the cruise. However, we are incredibly relieved Princess is in control of things now and trust them completely. The staff have been just wonderful and we are very grateful, just fed up wearing the same thing every day and not being able to spruce up for dinner like everyone else. Sure wish my 10 year old had a swimsuit too. Sigh... Three more days.....

I will try to do a review, though bear in mind I'm not in the best frame of mind and not feeling terribly social, so I'm missing some entertainment.

Bags update... The four cases are now in control of the Princess rep and were sent to Mykonos for collection in three days time. Athens is very unstable right now because of industrial action so we have to wait another day. We'll have no luggage for half the cruise. However, we are incredibly relieved Princess is in control of things now and trust them completely. The staff have been just wonderful and we are very grateful, just fed up wearing the same thing every day and not being able to spruce up for dinner like everyone else. Sure wish my 10 year old had a swimsuit too. Sigh... Three more days.....

Do you have travel insurance. It should cover delayed baggage so just buy her a swimsuit at the next port and some more clothes and make a claim for it.

In 2008 we did the Hawaii to Tahiti cruise with Princess. Unfortunately, my Dad left his back pack at the hotel. Of course it had all his medication etc in it. We realized it was forgotten as we were boarding. My parents went to the Pursers desk when we got on board to ask if they could call the hotel to see if it was still there and we would just grab a taxi. Well, I tell you, we were totally shocked. the back pack beat us on board. The hotel found it (my Dad had put a Princess luggage tag on it) & called Princess, who got in touch with the ship & the ship had one of their personnel drive over & pick it up.

Now THAT is customer service!!! Princess shines again!!

Do you have travel insurance. It should cover delayed baggage so just buy her a swimsuit at the next port and some more clothes and make a claim for it.

If only it was that simple...I don't even care about the cost at this point. Lufthansa will be getting the bill from us for this. However, you don't just jump off a ship and find what you want... I could not find a swimsuit for DD yesterday in Corfu, and I looked hard... Today we are in Katakolon, a lovely but tiny little village and there's not a lot here shopping wise other than the usual tourist stuff. It really isn't easy to find what you need when you have limited time and don't know the best places to go. That's the most frustrating part. Money isn't even the issue at the moment.

Archived