Liquor you can't buy in the states.

Tom.Terrific

Something we've learned while cruising is, there are some wonderful spirits available on board the ships as well as some of the ports, that we can't purchase at home. Like Sheridans, Kalani, BBD rum, various tequilas, etc... While we've discovered a few of these, I've got to wonder what we're missing out on. What are some of your favorites that you make sure to bring home from your cruise?

Tortuga Rum from the Caymans used to be not available in the states, but I guess it now is though it's hard to find/limited. Best rum I've ever had. We always bring home at least 6 bottles. It's also sold on the ships so you don't have to be going to the Caymans.

Edited by kujobie

I used to just love the Sheridan's - right up until I discovered Amarula Cream. Thankfully, the Amarula is available here and I still have a half bottle of sheridan's in the fridge from a cruise 2 years ago

Really good rum cream! There are various brands. I do not Tortuga Rum stores though.

Just rum cream over ice. YUM!

Oooohhh! I love rum cream! I have never seen it on the ship (I can't say I ever looked either) and I have never been to Jamaica. I used to have a boss from Jamaica and he would bring me some when he went home. Is it available anywhere besides Jamaica? My next cruise does not call there:(

So what is Sheridanns?

sheridans2.jpg

A unique coffee & cream flavored liqueur, that's quite popular on the cruise ships. I've seen if offered, without exception, on every cruise in the complimentary liquor tasting event done on the first evening.

Here is what Wikipedia says about Sheridan's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheridan%27s

Also about Sangster's. I don't think you are going to find it in Mexico. However it doesn't hurt to look. I have seen in on Caribbean islands other than Jamaica, but never in Mexico. BTW Sangster's is heavenly. I comes in original flavor and several other flavors. The banana flavor is to die for. Best place to buy it (and also taste test it) is Cruise Booze in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. According to Peat Taylor, it beats Bailey's in the taste test.

sheridans2.jpg

A unique coffee & cream flavored liqueur, that's quite popular on the cruise ships. I've seen if offered, without exception, on every cruise in the complimentary liquor tasting event done on the first evening.

We have NOT been able to find Sheridans in the US (and we have friends all over the country because of business). We normally don't bring alcohol back with us but Sheridans it is the one we buy as much as we can and bring home! It's our #1 request from friends to bring back to them.

We have NOT been able to find Sheridans in the US (and we have friends all over the country because of business). We normally don't bring alcohol back with us but Sheridans it is the one we buy as much as we can and bring home! It's our #1 request from friends to bring back to them.

I'm almost certain I've seen it in the duty free stores at DFW Airport. Unfortunately it doesn't help though since you have to leave the country with it.

I'm almost certain I've seen it in the duty free stores at DFW Airport. Unfortunately it doesn't help though since you have to leave the country with it.

If you have a flight in the international terminal (A I think), can't you just pick up a bottle to take home?

sheridans2.jpg

I'll have to do the taste test if I can find it on the cruise. So what do they sell it for on the ship? I'll be on the Freedom in October and one of our stops is OchoRios.

I do love Bailey but I'm sure like Baileys this is just as many calories!

Can you buy it in the DFW Airport when you return and take it with you? This would be very helpful for me to know.

Also about Sangster's. I don't think you are going to find it in Mexico. However it doesn't hurt to look. I have seen in on Caribbean islands other than Jamaica, but never in Mexico. BTW Sangster's is heavenly. I comes in original flavor and several other flavors. The banana flavor is to die for. Best place to buy it (and also taste test it) is Cruise Booze in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. According to Peat Taylor, it beats Bailey's in the taste test.

Thanks for the info. :)

Yeah, I'll be looking. Never know, I might get lucky!

Something we make sure to get on our Bermuda cruises is Bermuda Gold-- it's a yummy liquor that's only available there. Fortunately for me, my sister cruised to Bermuda a few months back and brought us back some.