College Football on Freedom?

Is there anywhere on the ship to watch college football? To be specific, the USC vs. UGA game. We are sailing on 9/4 (getting very excited!) I was raised a UGA fan but graduated from USC so this is a traditional game my dad and I watch together every year! Since our parents will be sailing with us, thought we would be able to watch on board. I really hope so, it would be a shame to break our 20 year streak! :eek:

The game is scheduled to be on ESPN so it should be available on the ship. I do not remember where there ae TV's on Freedom but you can at leaat watch it from your cabin, Not sure if they will show college football on the big screen by the pool. They did NBA playoff's when we were on board in June. Enjoy your cruise.

Go Dawgs!!!

We are USC fans and sailed when USC played Alabama in Oct 2010 we sailed on game day and the full game was not on the TV’s but we were able to see highlights during another game. We hated to miss the game in person! No telling what they or ESPN decides to show.

Go Cocks!

M

I was going to ask this same thing. I was wondering if Serenade has the Big 10 Network? We're sailing at the end of August & don't want to miss the Nebraska game (if it's even being shown on tv - since it's against such a small opponent I think it may not be shown on any network.)

From my experience last Sept. on the Freedom there will be college games shown. It's a roll of the dice on which games the ship will get though. Most of the football games were shown down in the On Air Club. Good luck in seeing your game! :D

We had friends who sailed last November the weekend after Thanksgiving. They said there was plenty of football on TV that weekend (they are Ohio State fans). This has always been one of the reasons we refrain from sailing on that weekend. We love college football and want to see ALL of the games. Yes you can always get the scores and highlights and perhaps DVR or Tivo the whole game for when you return. Doesn't work for us be we are major college football addicts. Luckily we live close to Port Canaveral and can choose other times.

Thanks for all of the info guys! Hopefully it will be on somewhere on the ship! By the way, where is the On Air Club located on the Freedom?

The On Air Club is located on Deck 3 just outside of Studio B. It is going towards the back of the ship near the aft elevator bank.

okay I am done with my 1st chant-LOL.

SECdawg--do you recall if your friends stated if they showed the Florida v FSU game last year??? I am normally at that game when it is at home (season ticket holders - UF) and this year I will be leaving on a cruise (couldn't pass up the price and the opportunity to finally get my mom on a cruise--she isn't getting any younger and is able to still enjoy it).

DH is still going to the game and all of our tailgating friends are in shock that I am missing it :eek: but I would rest easier if I knew I can see the game (or at least get used to the idea I won't see it:().

thank you and oh GO GATORS!!! (LOL--we need all the help we can get on this "rebuilding" year);)

Archived