Which one??

luv2cruz62

Looking to book our first Princess Cruise in January/march for the Hawaiian 14 day return to LA. Just wondering...in everyone's opinion, which ship would you choose - Golden Princess or Saphire Princess? :rolleyes: We have cruised on RCL twice and NCL twice, and are looking forward to experiencing Princess!:)

Looking to book our first Princess Cruise in January/march for the Hawaiian 14 day return to LA. Just wondering...in everyone's opinion, which ship would you choose - Golden Princess or Sapphire Princess? :rolleyes: We have cruised on RCL twice and NCL twice, and are looking forward to experiencing Princess!:)

Personal opinion is I would go with the Golden only because she has the upgrades that the Sapphire will be receiving in 2012. Otherwise, I would definitely choose the Sapphire because she is a big ship with great passenger to space ratio. Since the Sapphire & Diamond were built in Japan, they are wider than other ships. They actually have deck chairs on the promenade deck whereas the Golden has benches that are lashed to the handrails.

Bob

I'd pick the Golden because of the enrichment opportunities that are available on her. The CD and the duo, Elua, are praised to the skies here on CC; I'd think their presence would make this itinerary extra-special and so that would outweigh any other consideration in terms of shipboard amenities/venues.

I've been on both ships, but took the Golden to Hawaii. Now that was one of my absolute cruises of all times. But my favorite ship is the Sapphire. It is bigger, and newer. But with that said, I really don't think it matters much at all. The ship doesn't make the cruise wonderful. The whole cruise is just wonderful.

Archived