Solarium on Allure/Oasis

DonnaK

Are there shady areas? I've been looking at photos people have posted, and the solarium seems to be in full sun.

Also, is there a place to get food/snacks inside the solarium, or just a bar?

The Solarium was our favorite place to hang out during the day. I was worried about burning under the "glass" panels overhead, but one day I took the tote bag I had that changed in the sun from black and white to color and faced it up toward the sky and it didn't change color. I brought it out on deck, with no panels above us and it changed into bright colors right away. I'm assuming the panels have UV protection in them, so we didn't worry about being in the shade, though there is plenty of shade too. We loved lunch in the Solarium too. not too crowded, and lots of great food, not too heavy or calorie laden. Enjoy!

We typically love the Solariums on RCI ships and spend all of our time there opposed to the other pool areas. We found the Oasis Solarium to be like a sauna however. The Freedom/Adventure Solariums were much cooler. The design of the Oasis/Allure Solariums does not allow for a good breeze. There are some nice shaded, quiet public balconies with loungers at the aft of the ship on some of the stateroom floors (can't remember specifically but you could post and find on here which is where I found out about them).

We typically love the Solariums on RCI ships and spend all of our time there opposed to the other pool areas. We found the Oasis Solarium to be like a sauna however. The Freedom/Adventure Solariums were much cooler. The design of the Oasis/Allure Solariums does not allow for a good breeze. There are some nice shaded, quiet public balconies with loungers at the aft of the ship on some of the stateroom floors (can't remember specifically but you could post and find on here which is where I found out about them).

Interesting...this could be a problem for me. We have an oceanview balcony, and I found the info for the public decks - it's so good to have options!

Thanks for the heads up!

Interesting...this could be a problem for me. We have an oceanview balcony, and I found the info for the public decks - it's so good to have options!

Thanks for the heads up!

Glad you found it! We used the public decks when we wanted some peace and quiet. We were the only ones out there - it was perfect for reading & a nap. Enjoy your cruise!

I agree that it felt like a sauna and I usually like the Solariums on RCI ships. There isn't any ventillation. Open windows are tiny and do not allow for a cross breeze. I did Not like the solaruims on the Oasis or Allure.:(

I agree that it felt like a sauna in the Solarium. Or a greenhouse. For that reason, I didn't stay in there at all while on the Oasis. I found it very stuffy. Once I found the public decks that were covered, that was a much better alternative for me!

The trick to the Oasis Class Solarium is finding a location in line with the front windows. There are several windows along the front glass that slide open. While the ship is underway, it can create a nice breeze. You can see the windows in this picture, although, I think they should have installed a few more:

2352947610080150150S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived