Question about LA port

cbc1975

we are coming from Vancouver on the Spirit on Sept 20th...... doing a B2B

Is there anything close to the port where we can get some pop (soda for non canadians :D)?

Like a7-11 or grocery store?

hopefully something we can walk to as well since we can get back to the ship to carry on

thank you

we are coming from Vancouver on the Spirit on Sept 20th...... doing a B2B

Is there anything close to the port where we can get some pop (soda for non canadians :D)?

Like a7-11 or grocery store?

hopefully something we can walk to as well since we can get back to the ship to carry on

thank you

You are on Carnival, so it's NOT the "Los Angeles " port...but "Long Beach"--the other side of the harbor...

Nothing near the Carnival Terminal...But, if you walk over to the "Passport" shuttle stop near the Queen Mary (next to the terminal), you can pick up the FREE "C" loop to "City Center"...where there is a Walmart...1t 151 East Fifth Street...I think the Passport stops at 8th and Locust, so you are about three blocks away...There is also an Albertson's Supermarket at about 5th and Long Beach Blvd.....and lots of other stores in this area as well...

thanks for the quick reply..... I dont think we are going to long beach tho....

looking at my booking...it says san pedro

last year we took splendor out of long beach.

you live there...i dont... so your info is more accurate.... i hope..lol

That's a little strange...Carnival has its own terminal in Long Beach...so this one is really out of the ordinary...

Okay, for San Pedro, scrap the prior advice...No free shuttle, but still not much in the way of anything in walking distance...

Numero Uno Market (a supermarket catering to a largely Hispanic clientele but carrying everything) is at 5th and Pacific...about five blocks up and five blocks over from the port entrance...a pretty long walk, maybe better done by taxi...

There are a few small liquor stores in the area...but all will be a bit of a walk...

Try asking this question on the San Pedro from a San Pedran thread and maybe Wineaux--who is from San Pedro--will see it and answer...

Don't know why but the fall sailings of the Carnival Spirit are out of San Pedro not San Diego.

The Spirit is doing 5 & 9 day cruises. Probably had port conflicts in San Diego and Long Beach cannot accomodate two cruise ships at once. Our Thanksgiving Spirit cruise ends on a Sunday.

I just looked at the Port Of Los Angeles World Cruise Centerand the original poster is correct. They ships does dock in San Pedro at Berth 93. Here is the link to the calendar.

http://www.pcsterminals.com/CruiseCalendar.aspx

It will take you to the current month calendar and then click on September and you'll see the date and the ship.

cbc there are places in San Pedro you can go to pick up what you mentioned.

Vons

1221 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA‎ - (310) 832-7063

7-Eleven

837 S Gaffey St, San Pedro, CA‎ - (310) 548-3815

I would just take a cab over there. There will be plenty of cabs once it is time for you to get off the ship.

I've done back to backs at this cruise ship terminal; one earlier this year on a different cruise line.

Keith

I was just looking at the cruise calendar for the Port of LA and there's nothing listed for the Sept. 20' date=' but the Spirit is listed for Friday, the 23rd. So if that's the case, it makes sense as the Paradise would be docked in LB that day.[/quote']

I'm assuming the Spirit is leaving Vancouver on the 20th and arriving to Los Angeles on the 23rd.

Keith

I was just looking at the cruise calendar for the Port of LA and there's nothing listed for the Sept. 20' date=' but the Spirit is listed for Friday, the 23rd. So if that's the case, it makes sense as the Paradise would be docked in LB that day.[/quote']

Only the Spirit will be docking at the Port of LA. The Splendor and the Paradise are still in LB.

I'm more confused after reading these posts.....I thought we were sailing out of LB on the Spirit in October, but now I'm not so sure.

Did they change over to the San Pedro port? And if so, jeez...now I have to start doing my homework all over again, I was getting familiar with the LB surroundings.

Please clarify.....

I'm more confused after reading these posts.....I thought we were sailing out of LB on the Spirit in October, but now I'm not so sure.

Did they change over to the San Pedro port? And if so, jeez...now I have to start doing my homework all over again, I was getting familiar with the LB surroundings.

Please clarify.....

There is only 1 pier to dock at where the Splendor and the Paradise (the Inspiration at the end of the year) dock in Long Beach. The Splendor is there on Sundays, and the Paradise is there on Mondays & Fridays.

The port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) has more piers to dock a ship. So, while the Spirit is leaving out of Los Angeles, it will be leaving out of the LA port. It is the same port that Princess, NCL, Disney and others cruise out of.

Here is the link for the website for the Port of Los Angeles.

San Pedro is only 8 miles from Long Beach, but if you are looking for a hotel, look at San Pedro.

There is only 1 pier to dock at where the Splendor and the Paradise (the Inspiration at the end of the year) dock in Long Beach. The Splendor is there on Sundays, and the Paradise is there on Mondays & Fridays.

The port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) has more piers to dock a ship. So, while the Spirit is leaving out of Los Angeles, it will be leaving out of the LA port. It is the same port that Princess, NCL, Disney and others cruise out of.

Here is the link for the website for the Port of Los Angeles.

San Pedro is only 8 miles from Long Beach, but if you are looking for a hotel, look at San Pedro.

And now that I'm booked in and out of Long Beach Airport...how far of a drive is the airport to the port in San Pedro?

And now that I'm booked in and out of Long Beach Airport...how far of a drive is the airport to the port in San Pedro?

I just did mapquest from Long Beach Airport to Port of Los Angeles (100 Swinford Avenue, San Pedro, Ca, 90731). It is about 13 miles. Much closer than coming from LAX (18 miles).

Please clarify.....

Check out the cruise ship calendar link posted a few times above for your date. If the Spirit is in port on a Sunday, Monday or Friday (when the Splendor or Paradise are berthed at the one spot in Long Beach), then your ship will be leaving from the Port of LA in San Pedro. If your ship is leaving on another day of the week, then you'll probably leaving from Long Beach.

Check out the cruise ship calendar link posted a few times above for your date. If the Spirit is in port on a Sunday' date=' Monday or Friday (when the Splendor or Paradise are berthed at the one spot in Long Beach), then your ship will be leaving from the Port of LA in San Pedro. If your ship is leaving on another day of the week, then you'll probably leaving from Long Beach.[/quote']

No. The Spirit is only sailing from San Pedro. It will not sail from Long Beach.

Izziebella----

Check your cruise documents. We are booked on the Nov 18 sailing of the Spirit. Our docs say Los Angeles (San Pedro), CA. Yours should also.

I just checked the Calendar. You will be arriving in San Pedro on the 23rd at Dock 93.

http://www.pcsterminals.com/CruiseCalendar.aspx

The Spirit is doing 5 & 9 day cruises leaving Fridays & Sundays.

I do not think the parking structure in Long Beach can hold cars for three ships. The outlying parking lot probably can but it is also used for a variety of (trade/fan) shows.

Archived