Any cheaper parking in Mobile?

We are booked on the Elation Sept. l0th for a 5 night cruise. I noticed it's $85.00 to park ($l7.50 a night) at the cruise terminal. Sounds steep! We are also booked on the Carnival Dream for l0/l5 and have made reservations for the $4.99 parking with cruise-n-park so the $85/5 nights really sounds high. Anything similar to cruise-n-park? Or reasonable hotels that include parking/shuttle to terminal?

We stayed at the Microtel in Saraland, AL the night before. We paid $128 for the nights stay and parking for the week. They shuttled us back and forth to the ship. It was great!! Not sure if you were going to need to stay the night or not but it worked for us.

Sherry

You can park at the City Garage for $7 per night. It is located 6 blocks from the terminal on Govt St. Next to the Admiral Semmes hotel.

Drop off your passengers and luggage at the terminal and then drive over and park. You then walk back to the terminal. Make sure you bring a copy of your boarding pass to get back in the terminal.

Dave

We too stayed at the Microtel in Saraland in May and are staying there again in Sept. I highly recommend it. Very clean, very friendly staff and their shuttle service was the most organized of any I've used!

Glad to hear good reviews on the Microtel in Saraland. We are booked there next Friday. Breakfast is included in the $128 price along with shuttle and parking. Seemed like a great deal...particularly if you have to stay in a hotel the night before as we do after driving in from Erie, PA!

Mobile Bay Adventure Inn let me park last time for $5 per day, though the sign said $8 per day.

How far is Mobile Bay Adventure Inn from the terminal? Is it walking distance...or, do they have a shuttle?

My family (4 people) stayed in a suite at Hilton, for $109 total (already included fees/taxes). This was not a cruise & park pkg. It also included breakfast. We took a taxi to/from the port for around $35+tip each way. Hilton just let us keep our car in the parking lot for 7 days, which we confirmed in writing. Husband has Hilton Honors card so that may be why. Therefore, it ended up being about the same as parking it at the pier but we were able to come & go on our own time rather than to be on the schedule of a hotel shuttle.

How far is Mobile Bay Adventure Inn from the terminal? Is it walking distance...or, do they have a shuttle?

To me it was a easy walk. Its the closest to the terminal. You go down to a red light, turn right until you get to the street that takes you under the freeway, and right across there is the port.

They offered me a free shuttle ride and I said no thanks. Now last time they no longer had the shuttle, but I wanted to walk... and go early. They said the port would not let them shuttle me until 10:30 and I wanted to walk over at 10 am.

We have stayed at the Microtel and it is a good deal. Friendly and timely shuttle service.

If you want to stay closer to the dock and be able to look out the window and see the ship in the morning. We have also stayed at the:

Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel 64 South Water Street,

Mobile, Alabama 36602 USA Phone: 1-251-438-4000 Fax: 1-251-415-0123

their park and cruise package is $149 plus tax. It is very near the port and has a shuttle both ways. We normally take the shuttle to the port. When we return we take our bags out of the terminal and I will walk to get the truck and return to pick up passengers and bags.

The Hampton Inn downtown also has some type of a package as well.

I paid $104 with parking and taxes the first time I stayed at Mobile Bay Adventure Inn. This last time was less than $100 including tax and parking.

Parking may be $8 to the public but they gave it to me for $5, but they sounded like it was for anyone last time.

I was cruising solo, so I didnt want to pay $150 at Microtel and I wanted the convenience of staying right by the port.

We are booked on the Elation Sept. l0th for a 5 night cruise. I noticed it's $85.00 to park ($l7.50 a night) at the cruise terminal. Sounds steep! We are also booked on the Carnival Dream for l0/l5 and have made reservations for the $4.99 parking with cruise-n-park so the $85/5 nights really sounds high. Anything similar to cruise-n-park? Or reasonable hotels that include parking/shuttle to terminal?

Thanks to everyone for your replies!

Archived