Voyager of the Seas Sailaway spot

QuinnR

Hi everybody! A group of myself, 3 other 18 year old boys graduating, and 4 mothers/grandmothers recently booked a senior trip/vacation on the March 31st, Voyager of the Seas cruise. We are all looking forward to this cruise, and I was wondering if anybody here knew of a good sailaway spot on the ship? Preferably, it would be open air and towards the front of the ship, but I would also love to know if there is any area on an open deck that is uncrowded for the sailaway, where few others know about.

Thanks,

Quinn

Hi everybody! A group of myself, 3 other 18 year old boys graduating, and 4 mothers/grandmothers recently booked a senior trip/vacation on the March 31st, Voyager of the Seas cruise. We are all looking forward to this cruise, and I was wondering if anybody here knew of a good sailaway spot on the ship? Preferably, it would be open air and towards the front of the ship, but I would also love to know if there is any area on an open deck that is uncrowded for the sailaway, where few others know about.

Thanks,

Quinn

We've not been on the Voyager yet, but I made notes from a post called "All things Voyager" (or something similar; you can do a search for it).

"Great Sail Away Spot. Helicopter landing pad. Go out to wrap-around promenade under the life boats and walk all the way forward. Take stairs up one deck, walk towards front."

Maybe someone who's been on the Voyager can share some other good spots for us!

We've not been on the Voyager yet, but I made notes from a post called "All things Voyager" (or something similar; you can do a search for it).

"Great Sail Away Spot. Helicopter landing pad. Go out to wrap-around promenade under the life boats and walk all the way forward. Take stairs up one deck, walk towards front."

Maybe someone who's been on the Voyager can share some other good spots for us!

I imagine deck 5 is the helicopter pad right? So basically walk under the lifeboats on perimeter of deck 4, and then take the stars to deck 5 and walk forward?

Decks 10 and 11 are the ideal decks for sailaway but you won't really find anything secluded. If the weather is good, people are always on deck. The Pool Area is a lot of fun with a live band and lots of happy people.

The Promenade on deck 5 I think is open air but covered but you can stand outside - it might not be as crowded and there are loungers available. Voyager's a great ship - ya'll have a great time.

We've been thinking on this for Mariner but same should apply to Voyager. What about the forward sun bathing area on Deck 13? Above the fitness center. We did the equivalent location on Serenade and it was great being up high and being able to see three directions. Was not crowded either.

We've been thinking on this for Mariner but same should apply to Voyager. What about the forward sun bathing area on Deck 13? Above the fitness center. We did the equivalent location on Serenade and it was great being up high and being able to see three directions. Was not crowded either.

I am looking at the deck plans and it doesn't list a forward deck 13. I see the Day Spa on deck 12 though.

Decks 10 and 11 are the ideal decks for sailaway...

On the Voyager OTS, deck 10 is cabins, not an open public area.

Deck 11 is the Lido (pool) deck and will probably have a live Caribbean band perhaps with a real steel drum. So for the Voyager OTS, deck 11 and 12 are good. Deck 13 is the sports deck (back of ship), and there is also a small area at the front of the ship one flight up from deck 12, so I guess technically it is also "deck 13".

Deck 14 back portside elevators or back stairs is the Viking Crown -- the semi-circle glass area above and behind the pool. It is a good place, especially if the outside weather is not good. Surprisingly it is not usually crowded during sail away.

Deck 4 is a great place. It has and outside area that goes almost all the way around the ship (it does not go around the front).

And as was mentioned deck 5 forward is the helipad plus other places to see over the rail as you approach the helipad. You can also get to the helipad by going into Cleopatra's Needle lounge (deck 5 forward), and going out a door on the back right of the lounge.

But the main sailaway party will be on deck 11 by the pool with the live band.

I imagine deck 5 is the helicopter pad right? So basically walk under the lifeboats on perimeter of deck 4, and then take the stars to deck 5 and walk forward?

Correct

Our favorite place is the helicopter pad on bow of ship!!!!!!!!!!

On the Voyager OTS, deck 10 is cabins, not an open public area.

Deck 11 is the Lido (pool) deck and will probably have a live Caribbean band perhaps with a real steel drum. So for the Voyager OTS, deck 11 and 12 are good. Deck 13 is the sports deck (back of ship), and there is also a small area at the front of the ship one flight up from deck 12, so I guess technically it is also "deck 13".

Deck 14 back portside elevators or back stairs is the Viking Crown -- the semi-circle glass area above and behind the pool. It is a good place, especially if the outside weather is not good. Surprisingly it is not usually crowded during sail away.

Deck 4 is a great place. It has and outside area that goes almost all the way around the ship (it does not go around the front).

And as was mentioned deck 5 forward is the helipad plus other places to see over the rail as you approach the helipad. You can also get to the helipad by going into Cleopatra's Needle lounge (deck 5 forward), and going out a door on the back right of the lounge.

But the main sailaway party will be on deck 11 by the pool with the live band.

Thanks for all of your input! :-)

Thanks for all of your input! :-)

You're welcome. I've been on the Voyager of the Seas five times from Galveston. Next time it will be the Mariner of the Seas -- basically the same ship with some changes. Oh, on the Voyager, be sure to use the men's restroom next to the Lido buffet on deck 11 during the day. You'll see why. And don't miss Derek Lewis in the Pig and Whistle bar on deck 5 -- Adult daycare. Nothing really dirty, just good fun.

Archived