Specialty restaurant reservations for a group of 10

New Hampshire

I am a veteran Celebrity cruiser and book specialty restaurants onlne prior to sailing since it has become available. My group has usually consisted of four or six and this has never been a problem booking online. This time, I'm part of a group of ten and it's not possible to book that many on Celebrity's website. Can I book pre-cruise for a large group via phone? I know that Qsine will accommodate a group of ten, but will Tuscan Grille and Murano?

I have read on these board that there is a discount for booking three specialty restaurants. Is that for all sailing on all ships, or just on some sailings where bookings are running light?

For Murano ask to dine in their wine cellar room; they have a great private room with a table for ten. I had a meal there last cruise with people from my Roll Call and it was outstanding. I will see if I can dig up a picture of the room at add it here as an edit.

I am having issues posting the picture of Murano's Wine Cellar room - here is a link to my photo album from that cruise: http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/th...3234_53933234/

There are lots of picture, but if you skim through them there are a couple of our group dinner in the Wine Cellar. Hopefully you can arrange to dine there, it was a great experience.

We were on the Eclipse last year and 10 of us wanted to book Tuscan on line, which of course you can't do. I think someone in the group tried to do it over the phone, but couldn't. So our plan was we all booked as a 4 and 3 sets of 2 (although one couple had to book for the next available time slot) so we 'baggsed' the time slot for 10 people. On sailaway day at about 5.30, one from each couple (ie 5 of us) went down to the TG maitre d' and told him our problem and what we wanted him to do. It took a bit of persuading, but eventually he agreed to do a 10 table and to be fair, on the night he came up trumps with a table across the windows at the back of the ship, so we all had a great view sailing out of St Petersburg.

Simon

Even if you call, you can't book 10 people on one reservation. I just had this issue trying to book 8. We had to book 6 and 2 (separate reservations) and we were told once we board, go speak to the maitre 'd and ask for the two parties to be put at the same table, but no guarantee it will be done.

Even if you call, you can't book 10 people on one reservation. I just had this issue trying to book 8. We had to book 6 and 2 (separate reservations) and we were told once we board, go speak to the maitre 'd and ask for the two parties to be put at the same table, but no guarantee it will be done.

We have the same problem for our group of 8 this October. We all got confirmation for the same time and one of our group will go there after sail away and get it all settled. I don't know what their problem with accomodating is, :confused:if you look at the pictures, they have tables of 10

For Murano ask to dine in their wine cellar room; they have a great private room with a table for ten. I had a meal there last cruise with people from my Roll Call and it was outstanding. I will see if I can dig up a picture of the room at add it here as an edit.

We were a group of 10 for Murano a few months ago. The wine cellar fits a maximum of 8. More than that the wine stewards can't get aroun to get bottles of wine.

Nontheless, we given a lovely table which I preffered to the last time that we were in the wine cellar.

The problem is that the wine cellar is kept at a certain temperature for the wines. It was not very comfortable for the men in jackets.:)

We were a group of 10 for Murano a few months ago. The wine cellar fits a maximum of 8. More than that the wine stewards can't get aroun to get bottles of wine.

You can do ten, at least on Equinox. We booked as a party of ten prior to the cruise; one person wound up cancelling the cruise due to health issues, but we had nine at the actual dinner and there was plenty of room. It did not feel too crowded and the stewards did not have any noticeable difficulty retrieving wine.

Archived