Free Drinks in MDR

flcruiser4

Last year we both bought the unlimited soda card. I am trying to decide whether or not to get it again this time. I don't drink as much soda as I used to but don't want to drink water with all my meals. I know what they have in the Lido but we eat most meals in the MDR and just use the Lido for snacking between meals or late night pizza. We only get bar drinks when we go to the shows and commedy club at night. My question is- what can I get for free in the MDR? Is it just water and ice tea or can I also get lemonade?

I don't think you can use your soda card in the MDR. That's only for bar walkup service, even kids in Circle C or Club02 have to sign out and go get their soda's if they want one during an activity.

Water and iced tea is generally what is served for free in the Main Dining Room. I was on a cruise on the Dream this past June, my brother's girlfriend asked for lemonade and it took quite a bit to recieve it since they have to get it from Lido Deck. I really felt bad for our waiter. If you prefer lemonade over iced tea or water, then I think you are better off bringing it down yourself. Also -- you could always purchase soda tickets before your cruise. I redeemed my Carnival MasterCard Fun Points for 12 bar credits & 12 soda credits - which helped our S&S bill tremendously!! :)

I don't think you can use your soda card in the MDR. That's only for bar walkup service, even kids in Circle C or Club02 have to sign out and go get their soda's if they want one during an activity.

Yes you can use your unlimited soda card & soda credits in the Main Dining Room.

Can you bring the bottle of wine that you brought as carry on into the MDR? Will you be charged corkage fee?

Carnival states they will charge a corkage fee, but I honestly think it depends on your waiter team. We brought the white wine that came in our fruit basket to the MDR, anticipating a corkage fee, but never did recieve one.

Water and iced tea is generally what is served for free in the Main Dining Room. I was on a cruise on the Dream this past June, my brother's girlfriend asked for lemonade and it took quite a bit to recieve it since they have to get it from Lido Deck. I really felt bad for our waiter. If you prefer lemonade over iced tea or water, then I think you are better off bringing it down yourself. Also -- you could always purchase soda tickets before your cruise. I redeemed my Carnival MasterCard Fun Points for 12 bar credits & 12 soda credits - which helped our S&S bill tremendously!! :)

Oh please tell me they really dont have to run to the lido for lemonade. You would think they would have pitchers or lemonade in the back.

Now i feel bad because on the paradise 4 night cruise...the 1st night i just drank water....2nd nite i asked for lemonade but never got it.....3rdand 4th night my lemonade was waiting for me.

- Our main waitor was only there the 1st night and sick the rest of the week. When the assit. forgot my lemonade on 2nd night he did apoligize and had my drink waiting the rest of the day.

Please tell me lemonade is available and they dont have to run to the lido

In July on the Freedom they served iced tea, lemonade, and water in the MDR for free. We took our bottle of wine to the MDR and were not charged a corkage fee. We also ordered sodas a few nights for my daughters and they always asked if we had a soda sticker so you can use them in the MDR as well.

Carnival states they will charge a corkage fee, but I honestly think it depends on your waiter team. We brought the white wine that came in our fruit basket to the MDR, anticipating a corkage fee, but never did recieve one.

The wine in the gift basket is Santa Carolina, Carnival's house brand. They won't charge corkage on their own wine. ;)

We seem to be the only ones on SS that have been charged corkage (twice).

OP-- Cappuccino and espresso are also available no charge in the MDR.

The wine in the gift basket is Santa Carolina, Carnival's house brand. They won't charge corkage on their own wine. ;)

We seem to be the only ones on SS that have been charged corkage (twice).

OP-- Cappuccino and espresso are also available no charge in the MDR.

We have been charged the corkage fee each time too.:confused:

Toni

Our daughter uses her soda card in the MDR......;)

Can you bring the bottle of wine that you brought as carry on into the MDR? Will you be charged corkage fee?

The "official" line is: Yes, you will get charged a corkage fee.

Truth is: We've never been charged, and brought wine with us often (occasionally even more than 1 bottle/person :eek: :D )

I do know people who WERE charged, tho. Guess it depends on your waitstaff, we are always super friendly!

I don't think you can use your soda card in the MDR.
That would be incorrect. The only place that you cannot use your soda sticker is when ordering from Room Service.

Thanks for the replies. I used my soda card in the MDR last year with no problems. I drink a lot of water, but not usually with every meal. Normally drink it more between meals and with salads. I will probably just buy the soda cards again.

Archived