ThirstyFrog Red Private Label Draught Beer Being Rolled Out to Other ‘Fun Ships’

http://carnival-news.com/2011/08/03/carnival-magic%E2%80%99s-thirstyfrog-red-private-label-draught-beer-being-rolled-out-to-other-%E2%80%98fun-ships%E2%80%99/

Carnival Magic’s ThirstyFrog Red Private Label Draught Beer Being Rolled Out to Other ‘Fun Ships’

Posted on 03 August 2011.

ThirstyFrog Red — Carnival Cruise Lines’ private label draught beer that debuted in Carnival Magic’s Caribbean-themed RedFrog Pub in May — has proven to be such a hit that it’s being rolled out to other ships in the fleet.

Currently, 15 “Fun Ships” offer the tasty amber-colored brew in select bars and lounges with three others expected to receive kegs of ThirstyFrog Red over the next few weeks.

Since being introduced two months ago, guests have been lining up to savor ThirstyFrog Red’s rich taste and delicate aroma, with toasted notes resulting from the fine caramel and black malts used during the brewing process.

The brew is served ice-cold on tap in the line’s signature ThirstyFrog Red pint glasses, which are also available for sale on board.

Yep... three more ships in addition to the ones that currently serve it... here's a list:

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor

:)

Does this mean the ships will be serving it....or that the ships will have a special "pub" that serves this beer and appetizers???

The ships will be serving it. The only Red Frog Pub is on the Carnival Magic. There will be one on the Breeze when she sails and I'm guessing the Destiny will get one in dry dock as well...

I'd be surprised if it didn't show up on the Liberty as well...

One has to wonder if it may be put in place of the Cigar bar on the Liberty since the Cigar bar in non smoking now. I just make since. I hope they don't get rid of the Martini Bar, that's my favorite stop.

Yep... three more ships in addition to the ones that currently serve it... here's a list:

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor

Can you spell Spirit ? :D :D

Anybody have a drink of this yet?

How is it?

I just got off the legend and I must say that it is vey good. Someone mentioned that you can buy a pint souvenier glass and it si only $9 including a full beer which is good compared to an empty glass at Margeritville in Grand Cayman for $11.

I just got off the legend and I must say that it is vey good. Someone mentioned that you can buy a pint souvenier glass and it si only $9 including a full beer which is good compared to an empty glass at Margeritville in Grand Cayman for $11.

Does it really cost $9.00 for a 16 oz glass, can you get it for less without the souvenier glass.

We also had it on the Dream from the Atrium bar on the 6/25/11 sailing and it was great. That was the only place to get it. A really good beer and ice cold--definitely get the larger size glass--best alcohol deal on the ship. I didn't even know about a souvenir glass. From what I remember, the larger size Red Frog was right around $6.00. I think.

Anyone know if they are serving it in the big long cylinders on the other ship as well. I think they were 100 oz tall plastic cylinders with a spout on bottom to pour into smaller glasses. We usually get beer buckets, would probably go this route with tap beer. I saw a picture of one from the maiden voyage of the Magic.

Glad to see Destiny is getting it. I've got the open bar cruise on her in September. I'll try to clean them out. :D

We'll leave the Destiny in one piece for you after we're done on 9/5 ;):D

I cant wait to try it!

Looking foward to trying it on Glory.

But a "really good beer" should never be served "ice cold." You can't taste ice-cold beer!

Can you tell I lived with an Englishman for several years? :p

And, no, they don't drink "warm" beer. It just isn't ice cold The point in all those varieties and types of beer/ale is to be able to taste the difference!

Now, if you want to drink Miller Lite or Coors Light or one of those just because it's hot and you're thirsty, then ice cold is OK because they have no flavor anyway!

OK, off my soapbox! :D

Now, if you want to drink Miller Lite or Coors Light or one of those just because it's hot and you're thirsty, then ice cold is OK because they have no flavor anyway!

OK, off my soapbox! :D

I'm not sure if Coors Light even qualifies as a beer. Tastes more like recycled bath water with a little bit of headache, I mean alcohol, added.

Archived