ThirstyFrog Red Private Label Draught Beer Being Rolled Out to Other ‘Fun Ships’

Mach, do you have any idea who is actually making the beer for Carnival?

It's being brewed by Budweiser but it is not a Bud product. It was developed expressly for Carnival and Bud was contracted to produce it.

Think Red Stripe with a bit more malt flavor... so I've been told...

:)

We are somewhat "beer snobs" and do not drink Budweiser and agree that Coors Light is like drinking water - why bother! We enjoyed our Thirsty Frog. At the atrium bar on the dream, they have a small board advertising the beer with the three options (small glass, large glass, or souvenir glass). You can't miss the frog on the tap either. The bartender even pointed out the large glass was the best deal. Just checked my statement and we paid $13.31 for two of the large glasses of beer with the gratuity. This is not the souvenir glass - we felt like this was the best beer bargain on the ship.

I Think we will see ThirstyFrog Pubs on alot of ships, its a great money maker for Carnival. Will be nice if they put the Pub in areas that have an outdoor area connected to the Pub like on the Majic.That must be whats happening on the Liberty since JH will be there for the first cruise out of drydock

To me it sounds like Aruba Red from Bahama Breeze, in which Budweiser made that beer exclusively for Bahama Breeze. I will have plenty of it I'm sure on the TA crossing!!!

Only 85 days!!

Well I hope it taste like that I love Aruba Red , didnt know that Bud made that for them . :):)

To me it sounds like Aruba Red from Bahama Breeze, in which Budweiser made that beer exclusively for Bahama Breeze. I will have plenty of it I'm sure on the TA crossing!!!

Only 85 days!!

Budweiser also makes Landshark for Jimmy Buffett - they must be doing well with all of their "outsourced" beers!

I'll give an analogy.

McD's, people like it and its inexpensive.

Wally Mart, Kmart.

Whatever my suggestion to you is DONT buy it, I dont shop the Evil Empire AKA WalMart as they are the ruining the free market , So I guess if you feel this way you should Not cruise Carnival.

Curious how the Splendor is listed but not the Paradise (same port facilities, same food/drink contractors). I mean it's a keg of beer so you don't need special equipment to serve.

If you search around you can find the bar menu for Red Frog pub. Sounds like a fun place to hang out. I bet it would be a HUGE hit on mo$t all of the ships.

It's being brewed by Budweiser but it is not a Bud product. It was developed expressly for Carnival and Bud was contracted to produce it.

Think Red Stripe with a bit more malt flavor... so I've been told...

:)

Thanks, I have read nothing but positive reviews, It must be going over very well if they are expanding it to the whole fleet.

Budweiser American Ale?

Or Mich's Amber Bock. Both very similar in color and flavor. Had both the week after last cruise at the Jacksonville FL brewery which brews all the Bud products for this part of the country. Couldn't tell a lot of differenc ebetween the two. TFR is, IMHO, a very filling beer due to the carbination from the draft keg. You're not going to find a CCL bartender who'll pour one nice and slow;)

Curious how the Splendor is listed but not the Paradise (same port facilities, same food/drink contractors). I mean it's a keg of beer so you don't need special equipment to serve.

If you search around you can find the bar menu for Red Frog pub. Sounds like a fun place to hang out. I bet it would be a HUGE hit on mo$t all of the ships.

Except for the Magic, no ship has a pub yet, just at least one draft dispenser in a bar somewhere on the ship. On the Dream that's the Artrium bar. The Dream, I've been told is slated to get a RF Pub during drydock, next year. Going in where the art stuff/ port side bar on the Ocean Plaza is, I believe. That's a real dead traffic zone at present.

I agree! Carnival has been long overdue to offer something like this on their ships. I know that I would gladly pay extra for the pub atmosphere. RCI almost has me sold on trying their newest ships just for this reason.

So you've tried ThristyFrog Red on one of the listed ships and found it inferior? Is that the case?

:confused:

It is all how you look at it. Compared to microbrews I drink on land, it is inferior. Compared to the beer on board, it is better than some, but on an ounce per $ basis, probably the cheapest beer you can buy.

Archived