ThirstyFrog Red Private Label Draught Beer Being Rolled Out to Other ‘Fun Ships’

It is all how you look at it. Compared to microbrews I drink on land, it is inferior. Compared to the beer on board, it is better than some, but on an ounce per $ basis, probably the cheapest beer you can buy.

How many ounces is the large? how much $?

Thanks!

Or Mich's Amber Bock. Both very similar in color and flavor. Had both the week after last cruise at the Jacksonville FL brewery which brews all the Bud products for this part of the country. Couldn't tell a lot of differenc ebetween the two. TFR is, IMHO, a very filling beer due to the carbination from the draft keg. You're not going to find a CCL bartender who'll pour one nice and slow;)

There was another thread on the Red Frog. A beer geek poster mentioned the American Ale.

Shewt, anythng beats BLeah or Coor's Light.

Yep... three more ships in addition to the ones that currently serve it... here's a list:

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor

:)

Thanks for the list

We are somewhat "beer snobs" and do not drink Budweiser and agree that Coors Light is like drinking water - why bother! We enjoyed our Thirsty Frog. At the atrium bar on the dream, they have a small board advertising the beer with the three options (small glass, large glass, or souvenir glass). You can't miss the frog on the tap either. The bartender even pointed out the large glass was the best deal. Just checked my statement and we paid $13.31 for two of the large glasses of beer with the gratuity. This is not the souvenir glass - we felt like this was the best beer bargain on the ship.

Sorry, I guess I missed the price. What does it cost, without buying the glass?

It must be good... they sold out of it in two hours on the first day it was available on the Carnival Magic...

:)

If it took two hours to sell out "over there," I wonder what's gonna happen when we thirsty Texans board her in Galveston.

:D

Hopefully by December (when we cruise) Carnival will have enough "practice" stocking this beer for us that we won't run out. I mean, it's Texas after all....

If it took two hours to sell out "over there," I wonder what's gonna happen when we thirsty Texans board her in Galveston.

:D

Hopefully by December (when we cruise) Carnival will have enough "practice" stocking this beer for us that we won't run out. I mean, it's Texas after all....

They said the Aussies onboard drank them dry. Aussies can kill a keg:D

Anyone know if they are serving it in the big long cylinders on the other ship as well. I think they were 100 oz tall plastic cylinders with a spout on bottom to pour into smaller glasses. We usually get beer buckets, would probably go this route with tap beer. I saw a picture of one from the maiden voyage of the Magic.

No, the 100 oz cylinders are only utilized at the Red Frog Pub on the Magic. The other ships have it at the atrium bar in the standard, large and souvenir glasses. I did not notice it on my recent Glory cruise until the last night right before I went to bed. I was hoping that it would be available on my next cruise on the Spirit, but, it seems like the Spirit is not on the list of 15 ships that are selling it. Maybe it'll be added in the next seven weeks before I cruise.

It is all how you look at it. Compared to microbrews I drink on land, it is inferior.
It's produced by AB InBev, so it is definitely not a microbrew. Our local distributor claims that it is identical to Aruba Red, which they make for the Bahama Breeze chain. We shall see.

No, the 100 oz cylinders are only utilized at the Red Frog Pub on the Magic. The other ships have it at the atrium bar in the standard, large and souvenir glasses. I did not notice it on my recent Glory cruise until the last night right before I went to bed. I was hoping that it would be available on my next cruise on the Spirit, but, it seems like the Spirit is not on the list of 15 ships that are selling it. Maybe it'll be added in the next seven weeks before I cruise.

I guess my FIRST stop will be the Atrium Bar when I board the Glory in 19 days. Looking forward to trying it.

...Had the TFR on two different occasions last week. It is available, on the Destiny, in the Atrium Bar and the All Star Sports Bar. I thought it was VERY good. Was lucky enough to have a good pour each time.

...It was served cold, but not ice cold, as it should be. Had a nice red color. If I had to compare the taste to something similar, I would say it was close to... Sam Adams Boston Lager. Again, I would highly suggest this beer as I really enjoyed it.

Tried 'ThirstyFrog Red' on Magic this past May. Identical to Aruba Red beer at Bahama Breeze. In fact, I swear it's the same taste.

The ships that will not be serving ThirstyFrog Red are: Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Fascination, and Carnival Inspiration.

Probably cause those ships are older and they arent set up for draught. When I was on Fascination last wk they said they werent getting it anytime soon cause they werent set up for it.

It's produced by AB InBev, so it is definitely not a microbrew. Our local distributor claims that it is identical to Aruba Red, which they make for the Bahama Breeze chain. We shall see.

Not having ready access to the Bahama Breeze chain, I can only accept the opinion of those who have had it. I will note a bit of the "sameness" in all the InBev proucts, at least to my taste. Except for the spritz of citrus flavored chemicals in Blue Moon and BL Lime, is there any real/distinctive taste/character difference between Bud and Mich products? So maybe a tweak or two in the formula between American Ale, Mich Amber Bock, Aruba Red, and TRF, but nothing really different in the character of the beer. That said, I certainly would head for the TRF tap on board a Carnival ship.

Not having ready access to the Bahama Breeze chain, I can only accept the opinion of those who have had it. I will note a bit of the "sameness" in all the InBev proucts, at least to my taste. Except for the spritz of citrus flavored chemicals in Blue Moon and BL Lime, is there any real/distinctive taste/character difference between Bud and Mich products? So maybe a tweak or two in the formula between American Ale, Mich Amber Bock, Aruba Red, and TRF, but nothing really different in the character of the beer. That said, I certainly would head for the TRF tap on board a Carnival ship.

Blue Moon is a Coors product.

Archived