New Bus service for cruisers in Halifax

We will be visiting Halifax next June.Hope the bus is still in service.We use the Hop on Hop Off bus alot as we feel it is a great way to get to know a city when one is spending such a short time there.We used it in St John Nova Scotia last cruise.I like the idea of the Pink bus fto help fight Breast Cancer.

• 5 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they still have the free bus F R E D running?

Thanks for your input.

From http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=48217&page=26:

Fred is definately gone. Route 8 does just the waterfront but you can transfer to any other bus withing 90 minutes. Always ask for a transfer when you get on. The Metro transit website has the maps and schedules. I live here and just researched the busses for a large convention on the waterfront next week. I suggested that Fred be removed for the transit website!!

We have a couple of issues with HoHo buses which we think are a great option for those with mobility problems but perhaps not such a good deal for folks that can walk. HoHos are expensive (these Pink HoHos are $60+ per person) and they only run about every 30 min. This means if you got off at 10 stops, and waited an average of 15 min at each stop for the next bus you would spend 2 1/2 hours of your port day just waiting for buses. In many cases its a lot less costly to simply use local transit coupled with walking.

Hank

Archived