What can you walk to from the pier?

holdon216

And still, this is the case...

After 6 or 7 o'clock you will find no stores open in the downtown area. During Christmas season some clothes will stay open on Thursday evenings until 9 p.m. But regularly, no.

The shops near the ships in Riffort Village will be open till late - upscale clothing, designer bags, jewelry, perfume, designer sunglasses, souveniers.

Thanks for the info.. can you walk to Riffort Village from the pier or do you need to take a taxi?

Thanks for the info.. can you walk to Riffort Village from the pier or do you need to take a taxi?

Riffort Village is immediately at the pier. It is where the Renaissance Hotel is, Starbucks, etc. It's a nice area with shops, restaurants, etc.

We will be in Curacao on 2/6 from 1-10pm. Planning to head to the beach first (probably Cabana). Is there a restaurant/bar closer to the ship that may have good happy hour prices? I have seen The Iguana Cafe recommended. Don't really want a full blown dinner just drinks and appetizers maybe.

Thanks!!!

We usually go to Porto Mari but that might be a bit of a drive for an early departure. I'd go to Kon Tiki - it looks very nice and isn't too far. We went there once on a day we were not swimming just for lunch and wish we'd prepared for a beach day. I've seen Holiday Beach from the ship and while some say it is Ok it really didn't appeal to me. You can also ask the taxi dispatcher or the info booth as you get off the ship (if there is one) and they'll give you a recommendation for a few hours.

Photo of Holiday Beach taken from ship (also pics from Porto Mari later in photo gallery):http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Caribbean-March-15-2010/Curacao-and-Playa-Porto-Mari/11693566_skZ2vF#825044918_JAsze

Photo of Kon Tiki from 2007:http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Galaxy-S-Caribbean-Feb-2007/Aruba-Curacao-and-Grenada/2513897_Vn7FB9#132018468_WWwBJ

Fantastic pictures, thank you for sharing!

Archived