I missed "washy washy" on my last cruise..

rxlowry

You're missing the point. If they allow the pax to help themselves to the food choices, which they did on our recent Sun cruise, then the pax (who does not wash their hands :eek:) may touch the food. You put the same touched food on your plate and in your mouth. The buffets is where most of the germs are passed around. That is why they did away with trays also. It was also stated in the Freestyle Daily that NCL does not recommend shaking hands with large groups of people

research showed MORE germs having passengers use hand sanitizer as many felt they were protected. my dr says you have to coat the hands and let it dry for 10 min before it has much value at all. other lines would insist on washy washy if this were not true. washing your own hands-common sense-is the best protection. i was very impressed with the cleanliness of the gem on my first ncl in june. have a compromised immune system so take extra note. the buffet was very well kept. wish my kitchen was that clean!:eek:

did not do my own reasearch-got my info from my dr who expressed dismay at teachers allowing kids to use hand sanitizer after using the bathroom instead of WASHING. did not say there would not be people for whom hand sanitizer would help with their nasty habits but that too many people relied on sanitizers in lieu of washing their hands-hence more dirty hands hovering over your food....not an even swap,,,heck,i even did it until she told me not to!:(

My thoughts. I actually hate hand sanitizers, I wash my own hands before my meal and then feel like I am putting chemicals back on them after washing them clean.

In saying that I do use them outside the restaurants, from the washy washy people at the buffet or coming on board, simply because thats what they wish me to do. I've never felt attacked by them, and I thank NCL for at least trying to put an effort forward to keep the ship virus free. Even if they had a person stationed in each public washroom demanding people washed their hands before leaving, they couldn't stand over everyone for their cabin washroom usage.

Whether it actually completely works or not, it's best they can do and for those who have bad hygeine habits, it's better than nothing. And I commend them for that.

Archived