reservations for future cruise

Hawaiidan

I was looking at reserving a March 2013 cruise, which is not a grand voyage, but is 32 days long, and will cost around $4500 per person.

Lookiing to reserve a specific cabin without having to slam down 4K fo almost17 months yearsr

I will be on a cruise in October howeve, 2011, and was curious can I reserve on board for $100? and still have my cruise booked through my regular travel agent?

Your comments..suggestion

You can get what the call a "Future Cruise Credit," which cost only $100 dollar for a cruise. However, there are some restrictions in this. One of them you mentioned already. It can't be considered a Special or Grand Voyage. Also if the cruise has different segments, it might cause a problem also. They might consider these individual cruises and might cause to you put more deposits down.

The best thing to do is when you are on board talk to the consultant. Anything you do on board and be transferred to your TA when you get home. Most of the time if your information about your TA is on file with the ship then it will automatically go to them.

Have fun on your cruise!!

I was looking at reserving a March 2013 cruise, which is not a grand voyage, but is 32 days long, and will cost around $4500 per person.

Lookiing to reserve a specific cabin without having to slam down 4K fo almost17 months yearsr

I will be on a cruise in October howeve, 2011, and was curious can I reserve on board for $100? and still have my cruise booked through my regular travel agent?

Your comments..suggestion

Check the fine print, but I believe FCD's (future cruise deposits) can be for up to cruises of 35 days (I THINK) so it ought to be okay. But double check the specifics on the form while onboard and the Future Cruise COnsultant on the ship can help too

You can get what the call a "Future Cruise Credit," which cost only $100 dollar for a cruise. However, there are some restrictions in this. One of them you mentioned already. It can't be considered a Special or Grand Voyage. Also if the cruise has different segments, it might cause a problem also. They might consider these individual cruises and might cause to you put more deposits down.

The best thing to do is when you are on board talk to the consultant. Anything you do on board and be transferred to your TA when you get home. Most of the time if your information about your TA is on file with the ship then it will automatically go to them.

Have fun on your cruise!!

Just to clarify...

Future Cruise Credit (FCC) - Given by corporate office, usually Guest Relations, in the event something occurred during a previous cruise. May also be given in the event of a cruise that doesn't go as planned (The Veendam cruise that due to a hurricane went to South Caroline/Florida for instance)

Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) - This is the program onboard where you put $100 down per person and you get an OBC benefit on your next cruise and no further requirement for the deposit amount.

Check the fine print, but I believe FCD's (future cruise deposits) can be for up to cruises of 35 days (I THINK) so it ought to be okay.
Close - 36 days. :) The two length-of-cruise brackets for SBCs are 7 to 10 days and 11 to 36, so they can't be used on 1 to 6 day relocation cruises either.

Archived