thirsty frog beer reviews

mrmet1986

I drink a lot of craft beer, the darker the better.....Red Frog is bud light with a little red dye....it does nothing for me.....I have had it on several ships....on a scale of 1-10 I give it a 3...at best. Weak Weak Weak....it probably pleases the taste buds of the typical Carnival cruiser......no flava flave...my honest opinion......I order a Guinness at dinner.

"Beer is beer is beer". Yeah, I don't think so. That's not even true within the same label.

For instance, I don't like Sam Adams Lager, or the Oktoberfest. But, I enjoy the Sam Adams Summer Ale, Sam Adams Light and the Sam Adams Black.

Compare a Sweetwater 420 with a Coors Light and tell me all beer is the same, lol! :eek:

I think a lot of you are missing the difference here. It has been mentioned it is Budweiser American Ale which is totally different that the good ol' red labeled Bud. The American ale was introduced by AB a few years ago as they were trying to clone craft beer tastes. It was a little darker with a lot more hops in it. As far as i know the brand died off about 4 or 5 years ago when Bud realized that if we cant beat them(craft brewers) we will just buy all of them up.

Dunno how it tastes.. but as per another thread yes it is available on the Miracle..

I believe the Liberty is one of the ships its available on. From John's blog...

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/07/26...le/#more-18695

"RedFrog Pub continues to be popular as is the ThirstyFrog Red signature beer which as I posted on Facebook yesterday can now be found on the following ships:

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor will be next.

Isn't this available on the Breeze, also?

Dunno how it tastes.. but as per another thread yes it is available on the Miracle..

I believe the Liberty is one of the ships its available on. From John's blog...

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2011/07/26...le/#more-18695

"RedFrog Pub continues to be popular as is the ThirstyFrog Red signature beer which as I posted on Facebook yesterday can now be found on the following ships:

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Valor

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Pride

Carnival Dream

Carnival Legend

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Splendor will be next.

If you like Strong beer then yo will like it.

My husband and I had it on the Legend and thought it was awful...like coloured Coors or something. To top it off they serve it in a chilled glass..whats all that about.

Its not strong either...get some 9% belgian ales down you :D

Maybe we are hard to please as we are real ale/craft beer enthusiasts and spend cruise holidays drinking blue moon and cigar city...wish ships did better beers that don't cost the earth.

I have had it on the two Magic cruises and it is acceptable given the options on the ship. Certainly not as good as the microbrews I get at my favorite pubs but acceptable and way better than bud, coors, bl and lite. I realize that on a cruise ship one cannot expect great beer but rather the usual pablum mass market beer. My next cruise if offered, I will probably down a few.

My husband and I had it on the Legend and thought it was awful...like coloured Coors or something. To top it off they serve it in a chilled glass..whats all that about.

Its not strong either...get some 9% belgian ales down you :D

Maybe we are hard to please as we are real ale/craft beer enthusiasts and spend cruise holidays drinking blue moon and cigar city...wish ships did better beers that don't cost the earth.

This made me chuckle as 1) Blue Moon is not a craft beer and 2) it is owned by MillerCoors.

This made me chuckle as 1) Blue Moon is not a craft beer and 2) it is owned by MillerCoors.

I'll go even further. MillerCoors will soon be owned by, drum roll:

Anheuser Busch!:eek::D

Bud, Busch, MGD, MHL, Stella, Coors, Corona, Grolsch, Michelob, Rolling Rock, Shock Top, Johnny Appleseed. Mickey's, Olde English, King Cobra, Blue Moon, Foster's, Molson's, Redd's, Keystone and Steel Reserve will now be made by the same company. Just a heads up!;)

I'll go even further. MillerCoors will soon be owned by, drum roll:

Anheuser Busch!:eek::D

Bud, Busch, MGD, MHL, Stella, Coors, Corona, Grolsch, Michelob, Rolling Rock, Shock Top, Johnny Appleseed. Mickey's, Olde English, King Cobra, Blue Moon, Foster's, Molson's, Redd's, Keystone and Steel Reserve will now be made by the same company. Just a heads up!;)

It's the way of the world. And don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the occasional Blue Moon with orange (or a shot of Grand Mariner) from time to time.

Since Red Frog is made by AnBusch, are they licensing the brewing process to Carnival or are AnBusch putting their people onboard the Vista's to operate the brewery? I never did think that Carnival was truly getting into the brewery market so I'm not surprised that "their" beer is produced by a 3d party and labeled for them, but I am surprised that AnBusch would allow it to be brewed outside their control. Or since it's not sold under their label, AnBusch doesn't care?

Since Red Frog is made by AnBusch, are they licensing the brewing process to Carnival or are AnBusch putting their people onboard the Vista's to operate the brewery? I never did think that Carnival was truly getting into the brewery market so I'm not surprised that "their" beer is produced by a 3d party and labeled for them, but I am surprised that AnBusch would allow it to be brewed outside their control. Or since it's not sold under their label, AnBusch doesn't care?

It was a beer that the American beer drinking public soundly rejected several years ago. Some genius in the marketing department of AB sold it Carnival as a unique one of a kind beer. I'm sure that marketing person took down a nice bonus check for that.