Breakfast in Galveston

dfmeeks

dfmeeks, we're in Jenks, OK. LOVE cruising out of Galveston.

SSB, you are an amazing source of info. Thanks so much! LOVED The Spot and think we'll try Original Mexican this time!

Dinah

Thanks for comment,

and FYI The Spot has brand new large palapa bar on top of older bar downstairs. Name is Mojitos with greater

and better higher up views of Gulf.

It may not have been built when you were here last.

dfmeeks, we're in Jenks, OK. LOVE cruising out of Galveston.

SSB, you are an amazing source of info. Thanks so much! LOVED The Spot and think we'll try Original Mexican this time!

Dinah

On reason we like it is because

as we understand Original Mexican only uses fresh foods

and not institutional pre-prepared foods.

ssb- I remember a great bakery that changed names that we liked for breakfast. Right off The Strand, I want to say Paradise Bakery was the original name but I could be wrong. Seems like it started with a P though. I can't remember the new name. But I think they changed the menu too and got rid of a lot of great breakfast items. Do you have a clue what place I am talking about? :) I think I've confused myself.

WAIT - I think I remember now. Phoenix Bakery - do you know the new name?

After Ike it did recover and reopen. Nothing has opened in that location eventhough the spot is beautiful and appropiate for a deli and bakery.

• 1 month later...
Quick ? Is sky rest. Worth the $?

I have read several reviews and am more confused than b4.I love true sushi and sashimi and want to try it. I will be down there for 2 days precruise

We like it!

During week there is happy hour 1/2 price sushi menu like may be 4-7

call for days of happy hour and hours (409) 621-4SKY

We like it!

Yea just my luck I don't get to Galveston till Saturday lol oh well if it's worth it... Plus I am on vacation and I deserve great food so I am going to try it! Thank You !!

We like it!

It's called Sky Bar and they have 10 for $10 also during Happy Hour Monday - Friday. Have liked since it originally opened, but don't like to be seated in the back room. Just seems isolated.

Food and Martinis are excellent.

It's called Sky Bar and they have 10 for $10 also during Happy Hour Monday - Friday. Have liked since it originally opened, but don't like to be seated in the back room. Just seems isolated.

Food and Martinis are excellent.

Thks as well I am going to go on Saturday!!

• 3 weeks later...

We are flying in Wednesday before out Jan. 26 sailing on Carnival. We have sailed 12 times but all out of Florida. We are 2 couples from the midwest....chicago....and meeting another couple that lives in Beaumont. We were just there in Galviston area for two days and loved the Spot! We are considering the Treemont. We land in Houston at 3:40 and are looking for a place to eat have a few drink, laugh and get out vacation started! The treemont the place or should we stay closer to the beach?

Archived