What the heck is a "Lifestylist"?

DeirdreTours

The FamilyTours is leaving on a Bermuda cruise this Sunday. Over on our rollcall, someone popped in to ask who the "lifestylist" on board was. Which prompted the question: What is a lifestylist?

The answer came something to the affect of :someone who provides entertainment and classes during the cruise.

I am pretty sure my last HAL cruise didn't have a "lifestylist", so I am here to ask:

What the heck is a lifestylist?

What kind of entertainment and classes does the lifestylist offer?

Are there fees for these things or are the part of the cruise fare?

Thanks for sharing your Lifestylist experiences!

Isn't there also a party planner and the one who organizes the napkin folding classes? And the ersatz "nutrition" classes and aroma therapy sessions?

Yes -- there is a Party Planner on all the ships -- does the napkin foldingm, etc., as well as giving tips and recipes for quick parties and tapas, etc.

The Party Planner on a couple of our cruises also helped out with the cooking demonstrations.

There may be "Enrichment Speakers" or something of the sort who will lecture on History of where you are headed or something LIKE a columnist [Hollywood] lecturing/slides on personalities etc. We've had both kinds on MANY HAL cruises and thoroughly enjoy learning!

I can think of 2 by name that made am impression. The first was years ago [maybe 6 or 7?] on "Voyage of the Vikings" His name was Tim Hughes and his subjects were Mandella and South Africa plus addition topics; Diamonds. I knew practically nothing about either subject and enjoyed every lecture! The second was on a recent Asia/Pacific - his name was Bill Harris and he was a writer in Hollywood. He was wonderful also and great fun [ slide presentations of all the OLD stars!] He came on for the last segment of the cruise and was assigned our table in the diningroom and We ALL loved him; he is a "gentleman" in the best sense of the word!

The enrichment classes as I remember , were usually late morning in the main theater and usually packed with "students" [ all of us!]

Anne

Archived