I'm glad someone else said this first . I honestly don't mean to sound negative but I wasn't impressed at all with the new menus . The only thing that got me excited was the Kahlua Tiramasu !

Thanks a lot for posting! However, if we compare these menus to that of 2005 - well, somehow they are less appealing....

See it for yourselves:

http://www.ontheseas.com/images/menutues.jpg

Both dining rooms served identical menus. Looking at the menus from home I too admit they do not look that exciting, however, while you are in the midst of cruising and seated in the dining room, everything seems more appealing, and honestly, we did not dislike any item we ordered and some were particularly delicious. Someone commented on the chilled soups not being offered, but they were offered as I know I ordered the chilled banana soup (tasted like a banana split) but believe these were offered verbally, and a different one each night.

Maybe it's me but I feel as if the cruise lines are starting to scale down on the MDR menus ? Last year we sailed on HAL to Bermuda and although that cruise itself was excellent we found a very limited menu .

However the 2 years in a row we sailed on the Carnival pride their Menus had more to choose from and honestly I couldn't decide as they had more than 1 entree that I'd wanted to order on each given night. Their food was excellent each night.

Now looking at the new NCL menu I'm finding it too looks scaled down .

Trust me I'm not complaining just observing what I'm starting to see now with NCL. Will other lines follow suit ?

I'm sure the food is going to be fine , just not much to choose from .

And yes you commented that when in the dining rooms itself the food does look more appealing , that is so true. I am just like " Lucy" let me order last as I'll change my mind each time I hear something else and my head always turns to see what food was on that dish that just passed me !

I"m laughing at myself now thinking I must sound obese to you on CC. I am not . I just love really good food . Am not a fast food junkie at all . Gimme the good stuff please ! Presentation is everything :)

Both dining rooms served identical menus. Looking at the menus from home I too admit they do not look that exciting, however, while you are in the midst of cruising and seated in the dining room, everything seems more appealing, and honestly, we did not dislike any item we ordered and some were particularly delicious. Someone commented on the chilled soups not being offered, but they were offered as I know I ordered the chilled banana soup (tasted like a banana split) but believe these were offered verbally, and a different one each night.

Glad to hear the chilled soups are still offered, even though they weren't on the menus. I have heard raves about them and hope to try some!

At first it did look a little surprisingly sparse. But I'm guessing the Classic menu is available each night, in addition to the signature menu which changes each night, is that correct? If that's the case, it seems like a nice selection.

Glad to hear the chilled soups are still offered, even though they weren't on the menus. I have heard raves about them and hope to try some!

At first it did look a little surprisingly sparse. But I'm guessing the Classic menu is available each night, in addition to the signature menu which changes each night, is that correct? If that's the case, it seems like a nice selection.

That is correct, classic is always offered in addition to the special menu, and in addition to the Chef's Special for that evening. There was plenty to choose from and very often my DH would mix and match; ordering both fishes offered that evening on the same plate, or a fish and a meat, etc. and the servers were most accomodating.

Another thing to keep in mind, at least for us, was that we never really arrived to the dining room starving, since we found ourselves eating pretty much 3 plus meals a day, with all the snacking available at Blue Lagoon and the pastries at Java Cafe, and really every time you turned around there was some place offering some sort of food! Unfortunately for us we had a scale in our cabin as a constant reminder of the damage we could do, LOL. :D

Thanks for posting these! I see many things to make me happy. Sad that some of my favorites are gone but truly, I like to see a change up now and then instead of being predictable.

Only 25 more days until we start sampling some of these menus! :D

my computer wont let me open the file ....is Teriyaki Chicken Skewers still an appetizer?

lobster on there?

Chicken or Steak still always offered?

Saw the Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs as an entree on menu2.pdf (but not as an appetizer)

A couple of days with lobster - one with fish and the other as a "seafood extravaganza"

Looks like there is always a meat or fish.

Thanks so much for posting these OP!!

For those who felt the menu was very limited with little choice--I'm just wondering if you made it all the way through and realize that these are just the menus that rotate--there is an additional standing menu to choose from, and then above that, there is another "verbal" special that the waiter will recite. Altogether there are a significant number of choises. And I suppose it really is subjective--that old menu someone was kind enough to post (I do love to make comparisons) relly did not look very good to me. LOL!! ;)

Archived