I was one of those people LOL.... I'm sure once we're on board the ship it'll all fall together for us.

For those who felt the menu was very limited with little choice--I'm just wondering if you made it all the way through and realize that these are just the menus that rotate--there is an additional standing menu to choose from, and then above that, there is another "verbal" special that the waiter will recite. Altogether there are a significant number of choises. And I suppose it really is subjective--that old menu someone was kind enough to post (I do love to make comparisons) relly did not look very good to me. LOL!! ;)

The menu are supposedly rotated and follow no particular order, while I was onboard did not actually check to see which were used and in what order

Well, that makes it difficult to decide what night to make reservations for in the specialty restaurants. On my previous three cruises, I knew ahead of time the menu for day 1, day 2, etc and could plan accordingly.

Does anyone know if all seven day's menus are available somewhere on the ship on embarkation day?

Maybe I missed it in the above, but what were some examples of the "Chefs Regional Specialty" entrees they offered?

On the Jewel last week. I only remember two. One was Mexican Meat Balls (no one ordered this) and one was Pina Colada Chicken (I ordered this and it was delicious). I think one of the other Regional Specialty entrees was a Red Snapper.

These were the menus we had on the Jewel last week. None of our servers ever gave us the chef's special for the evening unless we asked, and some of the waiters didn't even know what we were talking about. It was a bit disorganized, we are chalking it up to working with new menus. The food was good, the service was not.

Our experience with service seems to be hit or miss with the MDR. Typically we find one to be better than the other and then choose that one. From our experience on the Spirit a few years back, I think some of this might have to do with who is the management group working in the MDR.

The MDR that had better service on the Spirit had a gentlemen working in there (not sure of title/position) but he was all over everything and even would come around and see if you needed anything. At times other than dinner I saw this guy managing around pool deck and he was again on top of things. We filled out a STYLE card on him.

These sound wonderful! I'm going on the Pride of America at the beginning of Sept. and I'm assuming the menus are basically the same? The "Classic" menu includes steak, correct? The person I'm traveling with will probalby want steak for every meal!

The menus look good. They are differant from my other three cruises over the past three years. I am glad they are differant. I enjoy trying thing that I probably would not get at home. I am looking forward to trying alot of these items. 64 days to go.;)

Gives me some idea what to expect on my cruise - looks like a good menu with steak and seafood available every night. My husband will be happy. He loves lobster and a good steak! :) Lots of tasty desserts! I can tell I will be gaining weight on this cruise! LOL

These were the menus that were being rotated on the Gem week of 7/31/11,

Thanks for posting the new menus. Are the classic selections the choices that are served everyday. If so, that has changed from the cruise I was on earlier this year and the two I took last year. Looking forward to trying them on the cruise I have booked for next year.

These were the menus that were being rotated on the Gem week of 7/31/11,

Thank you for posting the menus. I'll be on the Dawn in March and read something that concerned me. I hope I misunderstood but thought perhaps this would be a good thread to ask my question. Something I read implied that the menu was the same every night in the Venetian and the Aquafree dining rooms. Is this really true? Does anyone know? If it's true the three couples traveling with us will kill me!

Thank you for posting the menus. I'll be on the Dawn in March and read something that concerned me. I hope I misunderstood but thought perhaps this would be a good thread to ask my question. Something I read implied that the menu was the same every night in the Venetian and the Aquafree dining rooms. Is this really true? Does anyone know? If it's true the three couples traveling with us will kill me!

You misunderstood, the main dining rooms have a "constant" menu which they always offer, meaning every night IN ADDITION to the menu offerings that change daily which have been posted and the "Chef's Special". No one is going to kill you!

You misunderstood, the main dining rooms have a "constant" menu which they always offer, meaning every night IN ADDITION to the menu offerings that change daily which have been posted and the "Chef's Special". No one is going to kill you!

Thanks. So if I'm understanding you correctly the menu will be different every night with the exception of a few items that are offered every night. Believe it or not I posed this question to a Norwegian representative this morning and he didn't know. He said if I got an answer to call him back. You're better than him! Anyway, this is good news as my friends were dreaming up ways to dispose of me. LOL!!

Couple of questions - is shrimp cocktail still available every night and are the lunch menus still the same as this past March? When did the menus change?

I didn't see spaghetti carbonara on there. That was one of my favorites.

They changed July 30th 2011

the new menus look interesting to me and for the most part I'm looking forward to the changes. A little sad that the watermelon and feta salad doesn't seem to be listed on the new menus. :( Every time I have ordered it, I loved it and told myself I would take notes and figure out how to make it. Never did. Ah well - maybe someone on the boards can remember what all was in it. I remember the cubes of feta were crumb coated and I think browned before being added to the salad? The dressing is only a memory though....

I'll be on the Dawn this time next week - maybe I'll have to find a new favorite!

deb:D

Thank you for posting these menus. I was on the Gem the week after you and I never made it to either main dining room. That was not the original plan however. We usually go at least once. We went to Le Bistro twice, La Cuchina twice, Cagney's once, Orchid Garden once, and the Garden Cafe.

Archived